Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

GAMETHREAD: ORLANDO @ LA Lakers

But no great moves either. Or, to put it better, no moves that have made this team any better then it was 3 years ago. I like his mind too, and a lot of the things he's done. And I'm not starting it now, my question is only when does the clock start?

Zero on-court improvement in 3 years....has to count for something. The team has to start improving at some point.

Well of course. We keep getting rid of polished vets for youth. We're still on track for a rebuild, we just need a new coach. There's legitimately 3 building blocks on this team now with Vuc, Vic, and PAYTON. That's much better than 3 years ago. Hennigan has 3 years. That's when the clock starts.

Screw this season. I think we might trade up for the draft. The question is who? Every player on the team is now vulnerable with no exceptions at this point. I haven't analyzed our draft out look in depth similar to last season.

We'll see what happens. I personally believe Henny will work a draft and trade his pick along with another asset for another higher drafted player. Essentially unpredictable but effective.

Capture.png

Screw this season. I think we might trade up for the draft. The question is who? Every player on the team is now vulnerable with no exceptions at this point. I haven't analyzed our draft out look in depth similar to last season.

We'll see what happens. I personally believe Henny will work a draft and trade his pick along with another asset for another higher drafted player. Essentially unpredictable but effective.

Capture.png

There's a 0% chance we get rid of Vuc, Vic, or payton for a draft pick.

Getting out rebounded by 20 and 18-4 in the offensive glass is about one thing: positioning (coaching) and effort (players). The players play for the coach, and JV unfortunately has been tuned out by all of them I believe.

We literally have NOTHING to lose now but more games as we figure out a new offense with a new coach. I'm not watching any more games until we change coaches. This was suppose to be our season to win... We showed promise in the beginning but players have clearly stopped playing for JV, and he's out of excuses as we're getting blown out by bottom dwellers.

There's a 0% chance we get rid of Vuc, Vic, or payton for a draft pick.

How can you be sure though. I can't be sure right now because Henny is like a flash flood. I want those guys here permanently but with the recent losses, there is clearly no read on how management is standing at the moment. I just threw a scenario out there just for kicks. They could have wanted to actually lose again this season or they have more discipline than us to believe that this is still a work in progress. We've yet to reach the halfway mark of this season but it seems we've already witnessed the peak of potential for this roster as is without Aaron Gordon.

As of now, I have to get comfortable with those prospects because the high point of this season is watching this team eventually turn it around. Its in essence been too late. Our focus should essentially be ruling out all the possibilities for this draft. That being said, no one is as safe as I hope them to be or any of us for that matter