Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ raptors

Yea bash Frye on defense and rebounding all you like (although I thought he played great D on Millsap in the home and home with Atlanta) but he's important to our offense.

Yea bash Frye on defense and rebounding all you like (although I thought he played great D on Millsap in the home and home with Atlanta) but he's important to our offense.

Definitely. Not that many stretch 4's who are great defenders at this point - and until we can find that person, he is all we have to let your young guns improve their driving game.

Are you his agent?

I think you have that back asswards. Our offensive efficiency has decreased from 99.3 to 98.9, but our defensive efficiency has increased from 104.8 to 104.0.

I think you have that back asswards. Our offensive efficiency has decreased from 99.3 to 98.9, but our defensive efficiency has increased from 104.8 to 104.0.

Is that from last year to this year? Because you're ignoring a lot of other moves if so.

From zach lowe's article today

6. Tobias Harris, Expert Cutter

Harris is having a great contract season in just about every sense — including improved attention to detail on defense. He has become a smart off-ball cutter, especially when he’s spotting up beside an Elfrid Payton (or Victor Oladipo)/Channing Frye pick-and-roll.

If Frye pops for a 3-pointer, Harris’s defender will often be the next guy in line to rotate out at Frye and challenge a jumper. As his defender decides whether to make that rotation, Harris will take advantage of the divided attention and bolt right to the rim. Here he comes from the left wing:

Frye is a stretch 4 who can't rebound, defend, or consistently shoot. I think the idea of Frye was a good one before we knew that Oladipo and Harris had expanded their games and are now both highly efficient 3pt shooters and Vuc can also spread the court with his shooting ability. I just feel the benefits of having Frye stand out beyond the arch are off-set by his inability to bring anything else to the table. Every man he guards, whether it be a starter or journey man PF, continue to light him up on pretty much a nightly basis. Would we not be better off with O'Quinn, or Gordon when he returns, who bring more to the table on the defensive end of the court? It's not all about offense, at least it doesn't have to be.

Wow I guess Tobias is just screwed if we get rid of Frye..my apologies we MUST keep him playing 30 plus minutes.

Frye is a stretch 4 who can't rebound, defend, or consistently shoot. I think the idea of Frye was a good one before we knew that Oladipo and Harris had expanded their games and are now both highly efficient 3pt shooters and Vuc can also spread the court with his shooting ability. I just feel the benefits of having Frye stand out beyond the arch are off-set by his inability to bring anything else to the table. Every man he guards, whether it be a starter or journey man PF, continue to light him up on pretty much a nightly basis. Would we not be better off with O'Quinn, or Gordon when he returns, who bring more to the table on the defensive end of the court? It's not all about offense, at least it doesn't have to be.

You know I seem to remember many people said the same things about Rashard Lewis during the 2008-09 season when he hit a lul and shot below 35% from the arc for the first month or two of the season.

But you know, because he is a good shooter he snapped out of it. But that's a rarity right? Great 3 point shooters almost never have spouts of bad shooting, and if they do they never shake themselves out of it right?

From zach lowe's article today

6. Tobias Harris, Expert Cutter

Harris is having a great contract season in just about every sense — including improved attention to detail on defense. He has become a smart off-ball cutter, especially when he’s spotting up beside an Elfrid Payton (or Victor Oladipo)/Channing Frye pick-and-roll.

If Frye pops for a 3-pointer, Harris’s defender will often be the next guy in line to rotate out at Frye and challenge a jumper. As his defender decides whether to make that rotation, Harris will take advantage of the divided attention and bolt right to the rim. Here he comes from the left wing:

Harris must be getting rebounds from all Frye's missed shots, because Frye sure doesn't have very many assists for the minutes he's playing.

Harris must be getting rebounds from all Frye's missed shots, because Frye sure doesn't have very many assists for the minutes he's playing.

You understand what a pick and roll is, right?

Which is funny, cause he's averaging his highest APG in his career this season so far (still a low 1.5 but he is showing more willingness to pass as he did for other teams), and his second highest 3PTFG% in his career 41%.