Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

Orlando Magic vs. Washington Wizards Gamethread

I thought we were done for when we went down by 17. We're back to 8. I'll give them credit that they keep fighting, but this team really needs to learn to play all 48 minutes.

We've really got to learn to put together a full 48 minute game...

I'm looking forward to when we have Payton and Oladipo as our end-of-game backcourt rather than Fournier and Ridnour.

Its seems that our team is having trouble starting games or the opponent is getting complacent after going up big.

Vucevic. I won't say anything about him. His stats speak for his play.

But wow....maybe our expectations are over the top. I'm just..going to have to calm down.

We've really got to learn to put together a full 48 minute game...

I'm looking forward to when we have Payton and Oladipo as our end-of-game backcourt rather than Fournier and Ridnour.

Fournier had 21 points on 10 fga

It has nothing to do with expectations being over the top when the refs refuse to call obvious fouls against any team we are playing. We have been bumped, shoved, held, and man-handled multiple times over the last two games and the refs seem to swallow their whistles at just the right time to seal games. Its annoying to watch, especially when a fan about 40 or so minutes from the arena can see the blatant foul, but the man who is about a few yards away can't see the obvious holding, bumps, and slaps going on.

Anyway, off the subject of horrible referees and on to the amazing games from BG, AF, and Vuc. Those three guys did everything within their power to win the game, but couldn't come up with the win tonight. Expectation is Frye will get better over time, he is hugely rusty for being out so long, and the hope is our players will begin to understand what his role on this team is. That role is to shoot threes off pick and pop situations. They didn't even run that play outside of once and it made me a bit sad.

Getting Victor back will be a big boost and I think then we will meet the huge expectations set by many members of the board. For now, we have to sit tight, and watch the refs hand games over to the opposing team, and our systematic fall apart in every third quarter.

To also elaborate, this game is why you don't want to pay Harris 12 million a year. He is highly inconsistent and this game is testament to that. Sure, we will need a larger sample size, but over the course of his 1 1/2 season before this he was highly inconsistent, and I don't think that will change any time soon. I expect some team will overpay him and the Magic will have to value him against obtaining Leonard. Im highly leaning toward Leonard, but if the Spurs match our max offer, which lets be honest they would be dumb not to, I see us signing Harris.

Any word on why Harkless didn't play again today?

Pretty sure the team is trying to play without him (to see that they aren't overlooking what his absence would bring) and that he's gonna be on the trading block.

A loss like his we should be able to deal with guys. We kept it competitive.

Seriously! I can't figure out the game planning, rotation or min distribution at all! There is no rhyme, reason or flow at all!

Much of the time it looked like a scrimmage. Why are we playing lesser athletics and underwhelming older players that provide spottie production?

I may be asking too much, but I just don't see the logic in our rotation at all!

smile_svgsad.png Stan, I really miss you man!!!! smile_sos.gifsmile_sos.gifsmile_sos.gif Sigh!