Years of Tragic and Magic

Jacque Vaughn Thread

42 members have voted

1. 1. Will Jacque Vaughn be fired this year?

• No, he is under contract.
    • No, he is a good coach.
    • No, he needs more players.
    • No, the Magic have always been loyal to a fault.
    • Yes, he will be the fall guy for our failures.
    • Yes, its a shame because he was a good coach.
    • Yes, he is a horrible coach.

JV will likely continue to grow as a coach while losing with us, and ultimately get canned. He will then go onto a new destination with a veteran laden team where he will succeed and cement his place among the coaching elite...and then ride it out the rest of his career.

Hennigan has been shrewd, and some of the pieces have turned out better than expected, that is a postitive thing. Despite some bright spots however we are still looking at an unsuccessful product 3 years in. To be optimistic is one thing, but to call it a dream come true is just as asinine as calling someone out for only posting negative comments after losses. It's just the opposite end on the spectrum of stupidity. It is important for some to maintain a sense of accountability without completely losing themselves to homerism. We are in the middle of the most terrible Magic run in the history of the organization-there have been multiple rebuilds that have produced better than this one to this point. Sell me on the future, but don't expect that to fly much longer. The time has come for results. The average NBA player lasts what, five years? The NBA is fickle, you need to be able to rebuild in less than half a decade if you are intent on winning. The Heat went from complete losers to multiple NBA champs to relative obscurity in approximately that much time.

That all being said...we are just a game back in the playoff race, so there is reason for optimism. Go Accountability! and, Go Magic!

Seems like you are judging this current team too early if you comparing it to other rebuilding success. The difference I see is that this one feels like it could become sustainable. All other rebuilds have come and gone and burned out fairly quickly after reaching the peak. We are attempting to have a sustainable list which will be able to compete year in and year out, not just for a limited window of time. With that, I would argue comes a more patient beginning. Anyone who is not excited for the future, I would argue comes into the bandwagon fan category (biggest of fans during winning, biggest of critics during losing). I would say the majority of us are extremely excited about this team and the players on it. We already took a huge step during preseason by resigning Vucevic to a significantly below market value extension. It seems like we have had many early victories in the sense of the players we have managed to acquire, yes it may have not resulted in wins just yet, but when all that most are complaining about is the coaches rotations, I think we are unarguably heading on the correct path for longevity of success.

I probably left out Channing Frye's name, but give the 30+ year old a break (not directly implied to you), dude is just getting his legs back after a kneed injury.

I would agree with the majority of your assessment Kandi. I don't feel it too early to judge performance though, I understand we are attempting to model ourselves in a more sustainable light like other x,y,z teams but they benefitted from having a bonafide top 5 player on their team. 'Sustainability' as we are currently built to me smells more like a slightly better (maybe) '90s Hawks and not the Spurs.

Loving how Jacque has limited Willie Greens minutes these last 3 games, not sure WTF he was thinking giving this scrub 20-30 minutes a game in the first place. It is still mind numbing this guy is getting minutes over Mo Harkless! I believe Mo can handle any matchup where you may be inclined to throw Green out there. Maybe Jacque is starting to set his rotations as Ridnour is also starting to rack up DNPCD after getting between 15-25 minutes per game earlier in the year. Hopefully he starts to let his players get into a rhythm and get some consist minutes for the rest of the year. Now he just need to unleash Mo Harkless

You obviously havent seen Mo play this year. He's terrible. Needs to be traded for scraps.

In fairness, he hasn't really been given an opportunity. Maybe he hasn't earned them based on something going on in practice or behind the scenes, but he really hasn't played enough consistent minutes to pass any real judgment.

• Upvote 1

In fairness, he hasn't really been given an opportunity. Maybe he hasn't earned them based on something going on in practice or behind the scenes, but he really hasn't played enough consistent minutes to pass any real judgment.

Fair. He just needs a change in scenery

^^^THIS^^^ We've seen what Willie Green's capable of and I'm not interested in him EVER seeing the court.

This after the organization commented on how hard he was working on his game in the offseason and how he was ready to make a big leap.....Yet, he can't break JV's Lineup.

The last game that Mo played significant minutes was against the Clippers. He had 5 turnovers in 19 minutes. If he expects to get playing time, he has to perform when given the opportunity. I also suspect that his off court conduct is a problem, and doubt if he is still on the roster at the end of the year.