Years of Tragic and Magic

Jacque Vaughn Thread

42 members have voted

1. 1. Will Jacque Vaughn be fired this year?

• No, he is under contract.
    • No, he is a good coach.
    • No, he needs more players.
    • No, the Magic have always been loyal to a fault.
    • Yes, he will be the fall guy for our failures.
    • Yes, its a shame because he was a good coach.
    • Yes, he is a horrible coach.

I keep checking the boards hoping that there is breaking news. JV has been fired! Nope still nothing.

We aren't going to fire a coach on a west coast road trip. If something's going to happen it will be Tuesday january 27th. We get a couple days off and a full week before we go on the road.

Or Tuesday February 10th-ish

I would like it to happen in the middle of a timeout in the fourth quarter. I'd like hennigan to come out to the huddle. JV looks startled and slightly worried as Rob calmly looks over his shoulder at the play he's drawing up. Before Vaughn can finish, Rob slaps the whiteboard and marker out of his hand and just points to the locker room. JV puts his head down and walks to the tunnel. Rob subs in Moe who dunks from 3pt line for the game winning bucket with 8 minutes left in the game. Stuff shoots the T shirt cannon into willie green as if he was sonny on the causeway.

• Upvote 1

Not impressed with JV. Guy is throwing the most random rotations out there, and our team seems to be regressing.

Season is practically done. If we suck this bad, I say let's just tank. Let's get another lottery pick this year.

I would like it to happen in the middle of a timeout in the fourth quarter. I'd like hennigan to come out to the huddle. JV looks startled and slightly worried as Rob calmly looks over his shoulder at the play he's drawing up. Before Vaughn can finish, Rob slaps the whiteboard and marker out of his hand and just points to the locker room. JV puts his head down and walks to the tunnel. Rob subs in Moe who dunks from 3pt line for the game winning bucket with 8 minutes left in the game. Stuff shoots the T shirt cannon into willie green as if he was sonny on the causeway.

You've obviously spent a lot of cycles fantasizing about this.

We aren't going to fire a coach on a west coast road trip. If something's going to happen it will be Tuesday january 27th. We get a couple days off and a full week before we go on the road.

Or Tuesday February 10th-ish

Johnny Davis anyone? lol

Rob doesn't seem like the kind of guy to do that though, and this situation doesn't really call for it anyway.

Johnny Davis anyone? lol

Rob doesn't seem like the kind of guy to do that though, and this situation doesn't really call for it anyway.

That was a pretty dumb firing. Not like we lit the world on fire after he was canned. Unless you guys want head coach James Borrego.

just saw these two tweets and I gasped loudly at the second one.

MagicalNBA ‏@MagicalNBA 42m42 minutes ago

Magic priorities - Assess coaching options THEN make trades.

MagicalNBA ‏@MagicalNBA 11m11 minutes ago

JV is lobbying to keep Green and trade Moe BTW. The trade would be for a low pick or essentially freeing up a roster spot.

i remember reading somewhere else (actually it might have also been a magical tweet) that supposedly we were wanting to bring up one of dleague dudes (seth curry with the shot?) but we'd have to free up a spot to do that, which waiving willie green seems like the most sense making move if that was the case and we don't have other trades setup...but JV giving away moe for that rather than waiving willie kinda makes me wanna barf if any of this is close to any reality.

just saw these two tweets and I gasped loudly at the second one.

Holy Crap, looks like JV has been talking with Otis on how to make trades.. never a good thing.

If you believe those tweets, you have to assume that the second tweet doesn't bode well for the first, and that Rob is only going to listen to JV's desire to keep Green if he really things JV is the guy for this team.