Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

I would take either Zeller or Vonleh off their hands. Harkless might be a good match since he can't get any playing time here.

Any team haggling with Charlotte over a quality player will ask about Zeller, Vonleh, and a future first-round pick; Henderson’s a tempting suggestion, but his $6 million player option for next season kills his trade value. Zeller has cooled after a strong start, but he’s a 22-year-old seven-footer with clear NBA skills — teams should tread carefully in flipping those guys. Vonleh is completely unproven but well-liked by personnel guys. Charlotte’s 2015 first-rounder may well end up in the lottery, and teams these days almost never trade picks with a high lottery likelihood.

http://grantland.com...y-might-fix-it/

Harkless isn't an upgrade for them.

It would have to be harris which I'm not sure I'd do.

They're looking for someone who can shoot the spot up 3 and play perimeter defense. Sounds like Harkless to me.

The Hornets don’t have a good defender with 3-point range in their entire perimeter rotation. Kidd-Gilchrist, who has missed the last 10 games with a foot injury, may be their closest thing to a two-way wing player; you know he’s going to bring killer defense every night, and on at least some of those nights, he’ll scrounge out points on cuts, transition chances, rebounds, and herky-jerky drives that confuse defenders.

ROAD WARRIORS

Orlando won its fifth road game, eclipsing the total the Magic had all of last season (4-37). The Magic are better on the road this season (5-7), than they are at home (2-5).

The only reason I bring this guy up is because we have a need at PF and SF depending on what Gordon develops into. That is why the injury hurts so bad.

Ideally we get a future star at SF and put Gordon at 4.

Gordon and Harris together would have answered a lot of questions, but now we won't know.

Lots of questions on the next move to make due to this injury.

Thought you might enjoy this article.

Dr. Dray’s defensive versatility manifests itself statistically as well. According to NBA.com, the Warriors allow 101.8 points per 100 possessions with Green off the court and only 91.7 when he’s on it. To put that in perspective, the Warriors as a whole have a defensive rating of 95.7, the best mark in the league. Thus, the best defensive team (by this metric, at least) is even better with Green on the hardwood.

On an individual level, Green averages a steal and a block per game (a valuable and rare combination) and ranks in the top 50 of SportVU’s defensive rating. His presence also adversely affects all types of opponent shots, per NBA.com. For example, players who Green has guarded collectively shoot 36.4% from three, but Dray has held them to 26%, a 10.4% spread. Similarly, opponents shoot 6% worse in the paint than they usually do when Green is defending them. The effects of the shooting percentage differences above are compounded when Green matches up against prolific shot takers (he usually does), and thus he’s particularly valuable when guarding players like Kobe Bryant or Carmelo Anthony.

All in all, Green should be considered one of the top stoppers in the NBA.

That being said, his offensive game shouldn’t be taken for grant

http://thesportsquot...-is-an-all-star

Jason (Orlando)

What is your early assessment of Orlando's young core? Not sure why Harkless isn't getting more burn but the guard rotation of Dipo, Fournier, and Payton looks promising and the Front Court youth of Harris, Vuc, and Gordon (When he gets back from injury) should be intriguing.

Chad Ford (1:22 PM)

They have a lot of nice pieces. I'm especially high on Oladipo, Payton and Gordon. But they lack a true star or go to guy out of the group and that's a tough break given how high the Magic have drafted this year. I wonder how long it will be before the Magic start to package together some of their other assets and try to land a star with them.

http://espn.go.com/s...sider-chad-ford

Jason (Orlando)<What is your early assessment of Orlando's young core? Not sure why Harkless isn't getting more burn but the guard rotation of Dipo, Fournier, and Payton looks promising and the Front Court youth of Harris, Vuc, and Gordon (When he gets back from injury) should be intriguing.

They have a lot of nice pieces. I'm especially high on Oladipo, Payton and Gordon. But they lack a true star or go to guy out of the group and that's a tough break given how high the Magic have drafted this year. I wonder how long it will be before the Magic start to package together some of their other assets and try to land a star with them.

We ain't packaging ****. What stars? Stars are composed of hydrogen and helium. The hell is Chad Ford on; eh...sample size.

We have go to guys. Those will be Harris, Vucevic and hopefully Oladipo, Payton and Gordon. This is a work in progress Chaddy.

We ain't packaging ****. What stars? Stars are composed of hydrogen and helium. The hell is Chad Ford on; eh...sample size.

We have go to guys. Those will be Harris, Vucevic and hopefully Oladipo, Payton and Gordon. This is a work in progress Chaddy.

It's pulling a houston. You know, trade a couple guys and a couple picks for james harden. We'll do that eventually if we don't draft a stud or pick one up in FA.

Or maybe we'll go the pacers route.

It's pulling a houston. You know, trade a couple guys and a couple picks for James Harden. We'll do that eventually if we don't draft a stud or pick one up in FA.

This post will be about nothing but here goes.

----

Rather not go either route. Rather not be the Pacers who completely lost their chance because they were a "cute little team" saying "we cn..beatz teh Heatz". Lost to them four straight playoff series. Can't ever say to themselves they beat that team. They were an underachieving team that had the talent but were too mentally weak.

I also don't want this team to be the Rockets that exploded during the off season and also were all talk like the Pacers. Who you didn't mention is the Thunder which is a overachieving team that shouldn't have even made it to the finals. I want our team to be a legitimate contender.

Its no offense to you man.

We need to be a team that over delivers. A team so polished at the game that controlling a game against each opponent becomes 3rd nature. This is the only way we'll ever win a championship. Few games should be close.

The year we made it to the finals, we weren't focused on winning a championship but put most of our mental energy into defeating a tyrant team that the league incompetent analyst thought would obtain one. Had that series been the finals, it would be more mentally satisfying than beating the Lakers in a championship game.

In the game in which the Spurs shot 70 plus percent in the half, they gave no chance to the Heat to ever get back in the game through the usual bull**** they would inevitably receive to keep them in the game. It takes that type of effort for a small market team like the Magic to beat the NBA. This team will have to be unreal and overbearing to each and every opponent. The Orlando Magic will have to play through uncalled fouls and completely wrong calls just like we did against that Cavaliers team.

Of course...this is what I hope in the future but not now.

----------------------------------

If everyone develops at the pace of Vucevic and Harris, we'll take the NBA. This will be a scary team but during these years, I'll be worried more so about retaining players. My primary goal for the Magic is retention; retaining Harris this off season.

It's pulling a houston. You know, trade a couple guys and a couple picks for james harden. We'll do that eventually if we don't draft a stud or pick one up in FA.

Pulling a Houston is easier said than done. Trading a player as insignificant as Kevin Martin and some protected picks for an All Star caliber player does not come easy. It seems like everybody is overpaying for borderline all star caliber free agents now, so I think we will have to get lucky and hope we develop a stud or two from our GM's drafting. It's a slower process, but the end result could be worth it.

This post will be about nothing but here goes.

----

Rather not go either route. Rather not be the Pacers who completely lost their chance because they were a "cute little team" saying "we cn..beatz teh Heatz". Lost to them four straight playoff series. Can't ever say to themselves they beat that team. They were an underachieving team that had the talent but were too mentally weak.

I also don't want this team to be the Rockets that exploded during the off season and also were all talk like the Pacers. Who you didn't mention is the Thunder which is a overachieving team that shouldn't have even made it to the finals. I want our team to be a legitimate contender.

Its no offense to you man.

We need to be a team that over delivers. A team so polished at the game that controlling a game against each opponent becomes 3rd nature. This is the only way we'll ever win a championship. Few games should be close.

The year we made it to the finals, we weren't focused on winning a championship but put most of our mental energy into defeating a tyrant team that the league incompetent analyst thought would obtain one. Had that series been the finals, it would be more mentally satisfying than beating the Lakers in a championship game.

In the game in which the Spurs shot 70 plus percent in the half, they gave no chance to the Heat to ever get back in the game through the usual bull**** they would inevitably receive to keep them in the game. It takes that type of effort for a small market team like the Magic to beat the NBA. This team will have to be unreal and overbearing to each and every opponent. The Orlando Magic will have to play through uncalled fouls and completely wrong calls just like we did against that Cavaliers team.

Of course...this is what I hope in the future but not now.

----------------------------------

If everyone develops at the pace of Vucevic and Harris, we'll take the NBA. This will be a scary team but during these years, I'll be worried more so about retaining players. My primary goal for the Magic is retention; retaining Harris this off season.

I was talking more about building style than actual results.