Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

That's not a sure thing. The spurs have made their place in the NBA by getting guys to sacrifice salary for championship aspirations. Not everyone will buy into that.

Not only that, the future of the Spurs is questionable at this point. If Duncan and Ginobili retire, what's next? How long does Pop have left? He may want to get max dollars while joining an up and coming young team. He may want to avoid rebuilding in a crazy and competitive Western conference too.

Right, but he's restricted so none of that matters because the choice is not his to make.

to me, harkless does not play well at sg. he is not good at defensive trailing on screens or coming off screens himself.

There's other ways to be involved in the offense than coming off screens and he's a much better defender than Ben Gordon, just ask Paul Pierce. The fact that our entire offense in the fourth was predicated on running BG off screens, and taking whatever look he had coming off them, only speaks to how bad things got last night. If this is the "offense plan" that JV is banking on in fourth quarters throughout the year, I shouldn't even need to attempt to explain how bad things are going to get.

The deals just completed by a number of teams were awful. Kudos to Henny for his fiscal responsibility.

I hope Tobias has a solid, consistent year. However, it would not surprise me if he's traded now if our team struggles. We'll see.

The deals just completed by a number of teams were awful. Kudos to Henny for his fiscal responsibility.

I hope Tobias has a solid, consistent year. However, it would not surprise me if he's traded now if our team struggles. We'll see.

Harris, our top 5 protected #1 and nicholson for Kahwi

Harris, our top 5 protected #1 and nicholson for Kahwi

This is a deal that I could live with, but if we add AN to such a deal, should we only give a 2nd?

I love Tobias (with the obvious warts) but you can't go wrong with K Lenard!! smile_cheers.gif

I'd do that deal

Of course we would do that deal. San Antonio, on the other hand, would be out of their collective minds to do it.

Of course we would do that deal. San Antonio, on the other hand, would be out of their collective minds to do it.

True. If they won't overpay for Leonard, they sure won't overpay for Harris. That and if it's top 5 protected, that deal is only good for the Magic. Now if they were to hire Otis as new GM, it's possible.

Right, but he's restricted so none of that matters because the choice is not his to make.

Not if he lets the organization know he wants to leave. They won't forcefully sign a player -- that is, if he really wants to leave.

Not if he lets the organization know he wants to leave. They won't forcefully sign a player -- that is, if he really wants to leave.

That's your opinion, not a fact.