Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

Please let Hark go and and Ben and maybe Kyle, if we are not going to play him. Why not and get some players out the d league. Brandon Paul and Seth Curry come to mind. At least they can shoot the rock. Maybe we find a gem.

Anyone else see E'Twan Moore hit the game winner the other night?

Bad decision to let him leave?

Nah. I said when we didn't draft him that he's going to be one of those guys who is going to have a moment for a playoff team when he wins a game and swings a series. I still stand by that. But he's not going to be all that important for a rebuilding team.

Prior to reaching a buyout agreement, I was told by individuals who know Sanders and who work for the Bucks that he had no desire to continue playing basketball. I’m told that is still the case.

Bucks general manager John Hammond and Bucks owner Herb Kohl made the egregious decision to give Sanders a contract extension in August of 2013.

It immediately brought wide-spread disbelief around the NBA, especially considering Sanders had only one quality season with the Bucks, had several run-ins with teammates and still had another season remaining on his contract before he became a restricted free agent.

The Bucks’ decision to make Sanders a cornerstone of their franchise became even more suspect when, shortly into the 2013-2014 season, he was involved in a nasty downtown Milwaukee bar fight that resulted in him hurting his right hand. Sanders wound up playing only 23 games that season.

Officials from numerous NBA teams have told me they don’t have any intention of trying to sign Sanders, whom the Bucks selected with the 15th overall selection in the 2010 draft. What’s more, some NBA officials and Sanders’ acquaintances are convinced he’ll never play again in the NBA.

http://journaltimes....mment_form=true

• Upvote 1

Yep. Posted that a few times but folks clung to the fantasy.

That guy is done.

As for Moore, if he could have run the point better I think we would have kept him. But he can't and honestly seeing a guy like that make one big play for the whole season just makes me say - good for him. He's a good dude, but I didn't wish we kept him based on one game.

Just a Payton update. Since the beginning of the year, in games Payton has logged over 30 minutes of play, his averages are as follows:

Pts: 10.8

FG%: 45.8

FT%: 59.5%

REB: 4.7

AST: 7.3

STL: 1.8

TO: 2.4

Overall season averages:

Pts: 7.9

FG%: 41.5

FT%: 54.2

REB: 3.9

AST: 5.9

STL: 1.5

TO: 2.4

Really like what the kid is bringing to the team. He's progressively improved across the board, and I really love his 3:1 assist to turnover ratio since the beginning of the year (in games with over 30 minutes). If he keeps on working, we'll have a solid PG for years to come

Payton is going to be a star player in this league. The more I watch his shot the more I see how it's going to start dropping for him. He has addressed the need to fix it, so he knows what he needs to do.

His rate of improvement, his low TO % for being so young and handling the ball so much, and his ability to make space without even having a shot yet is simply incredible.

If he develops a 3, thats just not fair to anyone. He will be unstoppable.

But since thats a ways off, the Magic HAVE to get a SF who can shoot from deep at a high % this summer.

Payton is going to be a star player in this league. The more I watch his shot the more I see how it's going to start dropping for him. He has addressed the need to fix it, so he knows what he needs to do.

His rate of improvement, his low TO % for being so young and handling the ball so much, and his ability to make space without even having a shot yet is simply incredible.

If he develops a 3, thats just not fair to anyone. He will be unstoppable.

But since thats a ways off, the Magic HAVE to get a SF who can shoot from deep at a high % this summer.

I agree, I think Payton is going to make a huge strides this summer when it comes to his shot. The first year was all about handling the ball, maintaining a cool attitude in rough times, the overall conditioning of the NBA, and orchestrating an offense.

The NBA announced Wednesday that the players' union formally rejected a so-called "cap-smoothing" proposal the league put forth to manage the influx of revenue that is coming with the $24 billion television deal with TNT and ESPN that begins after next season.

NBA teams using internal data are projecting the salary cap to jump to between $88 million and $92 million per team, sources told ESPN. To compare, this season the cap is set at $63 million and next season it is projected to land at about $66 million. To put it into perspective, the largest salary-cap jump in history is $7 million in one season. What happens in 2016 could triple that leap.

Owners have been trying to avoid such a spike because it would dramatically raise salary levels for free agents that season. James, for example, could take his salary from about $22 million next season to around $30 million if he signs for the maximum salary in 2016.

http://espn.go.com/n...ncrease-nba-set

Small market teams will be begging free agents to take the money as the superstars team up in New York, LA, etc.