CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Watching Kentucky vs Texas, notes so far: Kentucky have been terrible on offense (at one point they scored 1 basket in like 7 minutes). Nobody has stood out but Towns, WCS and Johnson have all had moments. If Tyler Ulis was 4 inches taller he'd be a lottery pick, really quick with the ball, can shoot and a scrappy defender but at 5'9... yea I don't know... I said in the Kentucky vs 76ers thread he'd be lucky to make it in the league but honestly I'd be delighted to be wrong about that.

EDIT: WCS is a real disruptive force on defense. So long, can hedge high, blocks shots.

I was thinking we could take WCS at like pick 12 or something, he's not a top 5 pick in my mind. Although I thought he could be like a Deandre Jordan so in a league where people think Jordan will get a max offer I guess he could be a top 5 pick.

So we believe WCS is not a top 5 pick because he's not worthy or because we don't want him to be? Just want to make sure I understand.

I went to look at a draft board to see who I thought would be picked above him and you're right it's probably that I don't want him to be. There are probably only 4 guys I'd pick above him right now.

I went to look at a draft board to see who I thought would be picked above him and you're right it's probably that I don't want him to be. There are probably only 4 guys I'd pick above him right now.

Off the top of my head: mudiay, okafor, townes, cliff Alexander?

Lakers are now positioned 23rd overall. We still need them to stay as far away from 26 - 30th in combined standings for a chance at that precious 2017 first round pick.

Lakers are now positioned 23rd overall. We still need them to stay as far away from 26 - 30th in combined standings for a chance at that precious 2017 first round pick.

Is that pick from them that far away? Dang I thought it was 2015 or 16? I guess it would have to be two years out though since you can't give up first rounders consecutively.

Is that pick from them that far away? Dang I thought it was 2015 or 16? I guess it would have to be two years out though since you can't give up first rounders consecutively.

Yeah. Phoenix gets 2015. We get 2017 unless they suck too much