CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

I think it could very well be. Koufos projects to be a top 10 defender at the 5 spot and that is something we desperately need. He also is a tradable asset.

We could also throw both guys out there now and then if we need to go big and grind for a bit.

Im not sure where else the money could be used or should be used besides grabbing one more PG. We have a lot of guards and Forwards.

If by some insane reason Aldridge or Love expressed interest, than I would gladly spend on them since they are elite PFs, but thats not going to happen.

I see your point. We're set at the wings and need a backup PG, as you said. I'm just curious as to what kind of money Koufos gets

Where? For whom?

Milsap, Carroll, go look at a list of free agents and you tell me which ones you would rather have over Harris. It's not a hard concept.

I don't think a backup center playing 10 minutes a night is the same thing

So, be stingy on backup center bc he plays fewer minutes…pay 6th man more than anyone else on team even though there's a handful of replacements on the team already…got it.

We played like crap with Harris at the four, I don't care if he technically outscored his counterpart-we stunk. Whether he was at the three or four it doesn't matter, he doesn't bring enough to the table to be a starter on a good team. Bench players don't need to be making 12+million a year in the league where the average salary is closer to 6. He is a career 13/6 player (not 18ppg) and despite remarkably improving his spot up corner three last year he is still wildly inconsistent on the only things he does well, which is score or rebound on occasion. He is an empty stat person.

I don't dislike the guy, but this place is so far up his ass it's unreal. He isn't that good! He is so easily replaceable that most here will forget him once he moves on, which is hopefully to a winning team. This is the perfect example of the vocal minority preaching skewed stats and stating convoluted opinions as fact so much here that the board mentality thinks it's true.

Great draft by Rob and Co. Looking forward to summer league to see Hedonism on full display!

I don't think you're wrong. But I think the obvious counterpoint is that he's younger than many of the players that we're drafted yesterday so maybe he can get better. Especially with better coaching

Milsap, Carroll, go look at a list of free agents and you tell me which ones you would rather have over Harris. It's not a hard concept.

Why when I'm cool with us matching? This is your argument dude.

I'd overpay for Koufous before I did so for Harris.

Yeah but you're not going to get koufos to sign here by offering him 16 mpg of center minutes.

I don't think you're wrong. But I think the obvious counterpoint is that he's younger than many of the players that we're drafted yesterday so maybe he can get better. Especially with better coaching

I appreciate his age, it's his game that I have trouble with. It's not conducive for winning. But I acknowledge what you say here as fact, and I of course hope that he improves.

I'd overpay for Koufous before I did so for Harris.

You realize we can sign both right? Matching on Harris doesn't preclude us from signing Koufous or another FA.

You realize we can sign both right? Matching on Harris doesn't preclude us from signing Koufous or another FA.

I realize this. I don't get why me thinking we shouldn't re-sign Harris, and instead take that money and sign 1 or 2 other free agents gets everyone so upset on here.