CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Chad Ford @chadfordinsider · 15h 15 hours ago

In Santa Barbara today w/ 100+ NBA folks for workouts. Stanley Johnson, Frank Kaminsky, Kelly Oubre, Robert Upshaw, Harrison twins headline

Chad Ford @chadfordinsider · 15h 15 hours ago

Joseph Young, Vince Hunter, Brandon Ashley, Derrick Marks, Tyler Haws, Josh Richardson also here in SB. Unfortunately, no Okafor.

Chad Ford @chadfordinsider · 9h 9 hours ago

At a 2nd workout tonight in Santa Monica. Ronde Hollis-Jefferson, Rashad Vaughn, Pat Connaughton, Anthony Brown, Tyler Harvey, Dez Wells

Chad Ford @chadfordinsider · 9h 9 hours ago

GMs here in CA at workouts today: Danny Ainge, Pat Riley, RC Buford, John Hammond, Sam Presti, Sam Hinkie, Dennis Lindsey, Rob Hennigan

I tend to think that the real reason so many GM's go to these workouts is so they can try and determine who other teams are looking at. I doubt any of those execs are going to completely change their mind on a guy based on 1 workout.

I hear you. It all depends on if Henny sees Dipo as a Brand-type player. Brand was a 20/10/3 fella with great stats in his second season with the Bulls. (Ironically, I had season tickets to the Bulls back then through my company). Dipo is a nice player but if Henny really sees Russell as a Curry-type player, I'd hope he'd explore the trade. From a balancing out of our team perspective, it makes a ton of sense, which is why I throw it out there.

The point is there are 6 shooting guards that average more ppg than Oladipo and Oladipo odds on the upswing while others in that list are on the down swing of their careers.

It's not a foregone conclusion that Russell will be a better player than Oladipo. Derrick Williams was supposed to be the next great scoring wing. OJ mayo had almost identical college stats to Russell and is a very similar player and he hasn't been game changing.

I completely understand saying Oladipo doesn't work with Payton and Fournier is playing like a starter so let's trade Oladipo for a PF to fix a weakness but these "let's trade player x for a similar player in the draft that isn't a can't miss prospect" trades never work.

I mean, this is like winning $250,000 on a scratch off and then spending that on $250,000 worth of scratch offs for a chance to get a million.

Given that the LAL aren't sold on either big, would you trade Dipo straight up for #2 to draft Russell (assuming Towns goes #1)?

Soul would smile_creaturedance.gif

I'd do it for Towns, but not anybody else

It's not a foregone conclusion that Russell will be a better player than Oladipo.

Agree. Tell you what… go and get us JJ again and I'll be a happy smurf

Oooh I thought of a better analog.

You don't trade Joe Flacco for Jameis Winston.

My Winston love is well documented. There's a small chance Winston might be the best quarterback in the league. There's a large chance he will be good and a large chance he might get pummeled into the ground like Sam Bradford.

Flacco is an average to above average quarterback.

It's better to have a known and functional quantity than a small chance at greatness.

Now if you get Russell to visit and he has a penny like workout, that's another story.

Anyone up for trading Elfrid for #2? He may be more valuable than Dipo.

Wouldn't trade Elfrid for the #1. And I'm usually not a fan of guards that can't shoot, but I just love this kid

Wouldn't trade Elfrid for the #1. And I'm usually not a fan of guards that can't shoot, but I just love this kid

I do too when we drafted him I had seen him play a few times and absolutely loved him. I knew he was a great pick and am glad Henny had a keen eye versus the last collection of dunces....but in all honesty Im not sure he could get us to #2.