CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Watching Cal/Washington. I like Tyrone Wallace if we can get a late 1st/early 2nd round pick somewhere in a trade. Big guard, plays PG for Cal a lot but he's more of a combo guard. Long, lean, gets to the hoop and rebounds well.

Eh. He's been really inefficient over his career

Justin Anderson is legit. I think he can be a Wesley Matthews type guy in the NBA.

Yes and no. He's super efficient which is good. Needs more volume though. Matthews in college was efficient and averaged 18.3 ppg.

Yes and no. He's super efficient which is good. Needs more volume though. Matthews in college was efficient and averaged 18.3 ppg.

Yea as a senior he did. Anderson is a junior. Matthews averaged 11 ppg as a junior and shot the 3 ball far worse.

EDIT: Also the slow pace Virginia plays limits the number of touches Anderson gets per game. I wasn't around for Matthews in college but his Marquette team were a top 20 scoring team in the country so I'd guess they played at a much faster pace.

Justin Anderson is legit. I think he can be a Wesley Matthews type guy in the NBA.

I like Anderson as well, he's very legit. He's a physical specimen, loves to play defense and is a big time shooter. I don't like him where were going to be picking but I like him as a solid NBA role player a lot.

I don't think the Magic will draft for positional need this year. I believe they will pick the player with the most star potential, and I also believe that is why they took Aaron Gordon, as he was the most talented player available at 4.

It's looking like Towns is the guy at this early stage but I can't but think that Mudiay could be a complete stud that the Magic would simply have to take if they got a shot at him. Let him and Payton battle for minutes at PG, play them together at times. Its a great problem to have. Plus we have no backup PG anyway.

I like Anderson as well, he's very legit. He's a physical specimen, loves to play defense and is a big time shooter. I don't like him where were going to be picking but I like him as a solid NBA role player a lot.

Oh for sure. He's a teens to twenties pick probably.

Hire Tony Bennett.

Win the draft lottery.

Trade #1 pick to 76ers for their 1st, Miami's 1st and a 2nd rounder.

Draft Towns/Porzingis and Justin Anderson.

Trade for (or pick up off waivers) Joe Harris to provide wing shooting.

Try and grab a back up C in the 2nd round (AJ Hammons? Shawn Long?)

Bennett comes in, he has familiar faces to help him implement his system on both sides of the ball along with a load of talent just waiting to be meshed together. Multiple championships.

And then I wake up from the best dream ever.

I don't think the Magic will draft for positional need this year. I believe they will pick the player with the most star potential, and I also believe that is why they took Aaron Gordon, as he was the most talented player available at 4.

It's looking like Towns is the guy at this early stage but I can't but think that Mudiay could be a complete stud that the Magic would simply have to take if they got a shot at him. Let him and Payton battle for minutes at PG, play them together at times. Its a great problem to have. Plus we have no backup PG anyway.

Yes for sure. I laugh when fans of a 20-23 win team 2 years in a row say "we don't need that". No, we need everything. Are there positions we need more than others? Sure. But that would not stop me from drafting BPA ever.

Say we get a little lotto luck and pick 2, if Rob feels Mudiay or Russell are perennial stars, your draft either of them and sort it out with Payton later. If BPA happens to fill a huge need (Towns) than that a great bonus. I personally feel that if you get a top 5 pick your getting a stud (Okafor, Mudiay, Russell, Towns, and Johnson) and it's looking like we should get one.

AJ Hammons just sent a DeAngelo Russell layup into the 2nd row. If we're looking for a backup C in the draft I wouldn't mind him in the second.

Yes for sure. I laugh when fans of a 20-23 win team 2 years in a row say "we don't need that". No, we need everything. Are there positions we need more than others? Sure. But that would not stop me from drafting BPA ever.

Say we get a little lotto luck and pick 2, if Rob feels Mudiay or Russell are perennial stars, your draft either of them and sort it out with Payton later. If BPA happens to fill a huge need (Towns) than that a great bonus. I personally feel that if you get a top 5 pick your getting a stud (Okafor, Mudiay, Russell, Towns, and Johnson) and it's looking like we should get one.

I love Johnson too. My main problem is I feel we have a team loaded with 3rd options. Oladipo is a second option, but besides that -

Gordon (should be an elite 3rd option and elite defender), Harris, Vuc.

I think Johnson will be a fantastic player and I'd be happy with him here, especially next to Gordon. But the Magic desperately need a first option at some point. It may have to come via Free Agency since Mudiay is really the star of the draft if you want the next John Wall.

I love Johnson too. My main problem is I feel we have a team loaded with 3rd options. Oladipo is a second option, but besides that -

Gordon (should be an elite 3rd option and elite defender), Harris, Vuc.

I think Johnson will be a fantastic player and I'd be happy with him here, especially next to Gordon. But the Magic desperately need a first option at some point. It may have to come via Free Agency since Mudiay is really the star of the draft if you want the next John Wall.

I agree. And at some point (maybe this off-season?) we have to make a real fee agency signing.