CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

We should probably overpay for robin Lopez

I made an internal bet with myself that you would continue to make immature posts while trying to police a forum focused on pretty specific basketball discussion.

I won. But thanks for providing the thread with depth.

I don't believe Davis is a worse rim protector than Frye BTW. He's just not a huge upgrade. I do believe there are fewer guys good at this skill than is put out there and the term rim protector is being used too liberally right now. That was my point when I started talking about WCS as well.

Then why did you post statistics indicating he was and then defend the stats and metrics? Now I'm confused.

Then why did you post statistics indicating he was and then defend the stats and metrics? Now I'm confused.

Yeah I'm saying we have a guy who shot 39% from 3 and played the same amount of minutes as Davis did. And he was not as bad on defense as people think (even though he was not great by any means).

People are hating the WCS pick and saying we need offense, but they want to swap out a stretch 4 like Frye for a guy like Davis and I just find that contradictory.

I made an internal bet with myself that you would continue to make immature posts while trying to police a forum focused on pretty specific basketball discussion.

I won. But thanks for providing the thread with depth.

Holy crap this was an honest post. He's a ufa and teams generally do better defensively with him on the court. Overpaying him with something like a 4/32 contract might be worth it in the long run.

The more research I do on Porzingis the more comfortable I am with the pick if that's the way it goes.

Same for WCS.

Wow this is a good draft year. I'm comfortable with just about anyone from presumed 5s Winslow/Mario/Porz/WCS to outliers I've heard mentioned here and there like Kaminsky/Oubre/Johnson/Turner. So deep, this draft.

Magicblue, show me one.

And the point - Ed Davis is overrated as a rim protector. He is not bad - 1.5 blocks per game, but he contributed the same amount of minutes as Frye did. We already have a guy in Dedmon who can defend. He just didn't get enough games or minutes to show up in many of these stats.

The point is that we probably don't need Ed Davis unless we trade both Nicholson and Frye.

Do people on here think I'm consistently some condescending jerk all of the time? I mean, I certainly do that sometimes, but when I do I lay it on pretty thick so there's no confusion in my meaning.

If I wanted to be a jerk I'd say give robin Lopez the max.

Magicblue, show me one.

And the point - Ed Davis is overrated as a rim protector. He is not bad - 1.5 blocks per game, but he contributed the same amount of minutes as Frye did. We already have a guy in Dedmon who can defend. He just didn't get enough games or minutes to show up in many of these stats.

The point is that we probably don't need Ed Davis unless we trade both Nicholson and Frye.

Any rim protection stat/ranking that puts Frye above Anthony Davis is inherently flawed and should be rendered unreliable. This is pretty much common sense. Whether it's the best out there is irrelevant to its usefulness. You're saying its the best and then saying you also don't agree with it.

Do people on here think I'm consistently some condescending jerk all of the time? I mean, I certainly do that sometimes,

No. You answered your own question. You can't come at me or anyone else for things you admittedly do sometimes.

Any rim protection stat/ranking that puts Frye above Anthony Davis is inherently flawed and should be rendered unreliable. This is pretty much common sense. Whether it's the best out there is irrelevant to its usefulness. You're saying its the best and then saying you also don't agree with it.

Nylon Calculus is one of the most highly respected blogs for NBA analytics. If you read the stats properly you will see that Anthony Davis played more minutes then Frye and Davis who played the same minutes at the same position.

Anthony Davis guarded multiple positions and as a result it is harder to calculate his %. He is an alien and therefore an outlier for this type of statistic.

What actually is common sense is to know how Anthony Davis plays his game before looking at those numbers.