CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

I find it not at all amazing that posters would have meltdowns during this summer league. The emotions of this forum have become so predictable that these very emotions can be recorded on a calender. Its not even preseason and Aaron Gordon was found under a Lynx bus.

The era of getting instant gratification from technology has surely corrupted peoples patience to wait. The draft was not even three weeks ago!! Relax!!!

It's because Gordon wasn't "the guy" at 4 for most of us. If we were touting him for months everyone would be making excuses.

I still want exum over Gordon but I'm happy with Gordon over exum with the pick of Payton.

This game might be rough for us, with most of the guys having taken off to Vegas we only have 8 players and about 5 of them are PG's.

It's because Gordon wasn't "the guy" at 4 for most of us. If we were touting him for months everyone would be making excuses.

I still want exum over Gordon but I'm happy with Gordon over exum with the pick of Payton.

I, for one, am absolutely shocked that a player hasn't fixed all the problems he had in college after a whole ONE WEEK of professional play.

• Upvote 1

I, for one, am absolutely shocked that a player hasn't fixed all the problems he had in college after a whole ONE WEEK of professional play.

Be prepared. It's going to get much worse around here once Julius randle puts up big numbers (which I expect) and exum looks good (which I also expect).

People forget about the draft profiles of players as soon as the draft is over. Gordon was always "hyper athletic raw prospect who is a high quality role player at worst and something special if he can put it all together". Now everyone is freaking out because Gordon is a hyper athletic raw player who right now is a role player.

Who are you? Not once did i say we need to go get one of those coaches, but thanks for displaying your reading comprehension skills for all of us to see. I did insinuate getting a coach that won't coddle players and will push them more. But, again, I'm sorry the FCAT was always a struggle for you.

Sorry didn't realise I had to introduce myself before I post. Great points you made, almost all of them were about basketball.

EDIT: Honestly name a coach available that has those features that we'd actually be able to get instead of just saying "if we got a really good coach, we'd be better!"

Be prepared. It's going to get much worse around here once Julius randle puts up big numbers (which I expect) and exum looks good (which I also expect).

People forget about the draft profiles of players as soon as the draft is over. Gordon was always "hyper athletic raw prospect who is a high quality role player at worst and something special if he can put it all together". Now everyone is freaking out because Gordon is a hyper athletic raw player who right now is a role player.

Right. At this point, his floor is "hyper athlete who's not an especially effective offensive player but is a plus defender at 3 positions."

Meanwhile, Payton is killing it.

WAIT...what the? We have a summer league game this early? This isn't the Olympics!

Right. At this point, his floor is "hyper athlete who's not an especially effective offensive player but is a plus defender at 3 positions."

Meanwhile, Payton is killing it.

I blame myself and everyone else who hyped up this draft too much. People thought it was a group of superstars when in reality it's going to be a bunch of potential all stars as they develop down the road.