CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

Two players that make the roster IMO would be Marble and Osby.. Osby can take nicholsons 8-10 minutes and actually hustle and play well on both ends of the ball. Marble can flat out shoot the ball with confidence something that Harkless has shown he has none of. Sad to think all the athletic ability Harkless has but he just doesn't seem to be confident/assertive when he is on the court.

I can't think of anything that Nicholson does better than Osby besides 3 pt range and being Canadian.

I want to see less play time for Dipo and more leading from the bench. More playing time for our unsigned guys to see if we can find a rotation player (Kendrick Perry, Scott Suggs and Josh Magette are the guys I want to see who didn't play in game 1... They're all guards and with Dipo hopefully playing less they might see some playing time.) and more positives from Gordon and Payton.

Most people after the first game or at least it seemed a vast majority drew the conclusion that Dipo would be the Magic starter in the fall at PG....Most of the players in summer league are a notch below the level of play you will get/see during regular NBA games.

You stated that the Sixer summer league guys were giving Dipo a hard time getting the ball up the court.

Is this a good thing, iyo ...???

Teams generally don't press or double team in summer league since no one has time to work on breaking a press or dealing with double teams. They trapped Payton several times with a double team and no team mate ran to him for an easy outlet pass.

Even the commentators stated in a normal game they would set up a bone jaring pick or call for a post up isolation play for Dipo on a small guy like Casper Ware who was annoying our PG's. They also had two time Big 10 defender of the year Aaron Craft alternating at PG after Jackson went down.

The Sixers will annoy a lot of teams playing like this since it disrupts the flow games and defeats the purpose of Summer league.

Most people after the first game or at least it seemed a vast majority drew the conclusion that Dipo would be the Magic starter in the fall at PG....Most of the players in summer league are a notch below the level of play you will get/see during regular NBA games.

You stated that the Sixer summer league guys were giving Dipo a hard time getting the ball up the court.

Is this a good thing, iyo ...???

It slowed down the offensive execution on both sides, but man was it fun to watch Ware and Dipo go at each other like that. It even got a bit chippy. They were seriously hounding one another as they each brought the ball up. Dipo definitely got the better of the matchup (with Ware having 6 TO't to Dipo's 3), and like Bhnole said, neither team did much to help their ball handler bring the ball up the court.

Also, Dipo lost some weight and looked fantastic.

Anybody got a free link for the game at 5?

think the summer league have a free trail right now ( i have league pass however ) but check nba .com if not i know a site u can use pm me