Sign in to follow this  
Trey Time

Nobody Reads Around The NBA Anymore So...

Yeah that was surprising.

It might be a little too harsh considering the precident it sets. Will we feel the same way when it's devos getting the team taken for anti gay behavior?

I disagree with this banning in principle, just because I don't give a damn that he's racist and this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. But, this makes sense from a business standpoint. Funny how "business moves" often conflict with my morals, but welcome to America.

I disagree too. It seems too harsh. I'm guessing this is in the NBA's policies.

I find it sad that there was so much outrage over this man's idiotic racist comments, yet nobody seems to give a damn that we're being spied on by our government. Nobody should really be surprised by his antiquated prejudices, and he has a track record as Marc said. It makes sense that they made this move because of "image issues" for the NBA, because so many people are up in arms over this mild issue, but it seems like he's being punished for a thought crime. An illegal recording taken in the privacy of his own home constitutes a lifetime ban from the NBA? This whole situation is ridiculous.

I find it sad that there was so much outrage over this man's idiotic racist comments, yet nobody seems to give a damn that we're being spied on by our government. Nobody should really be surprised by his antiquated prejudices, and he has a track record as Marc said. It makes sense that they made this move because of "image issues" for the NBA, because so many people are up in arms over this mild issue, but it seems like he's being punished for a thought crime. An illegal recording taken in the privacy of his own home constitutes a lifetime ban from the NBA? This whole situation is ridiculous.

I remember watching The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. One of the scenes specifically focused upon the president and his underlings plotting on how to cleverly distract the public from the real issues through their various options of outlets.

Well I didnt anticipate hunger games being in this conversation.

I guess thinking about this more it's not that big of a deal. "You don't get to be in our club anymore and here's a billion dollars"

It's not like this is his job. It's more like his jet ski.

Well I didnt anticipate hunger games being in this conversation.

I guess thinking about this more it's not that big of a deal. "You don't get to be in our club anymore and here's a billion dollars"

It's not like this is his job. It's more like his jet ski.

Yep, a toy was taken away from him, he isn't being jailed for this. As an owner he has to abide by certain rules and conduct himself in a manner that is not going to damage the league's image.

If I was going to look at it as his job, is this really any different than someone being fired for posts on Facebook?

Yep, a toy was taken away from him, he isn't being jailed for this. As an owner he has to abide by certain rules and conduct himself in a manner that is not going to damage the league's image.

If I was going to look at it as his job, is this really any different than someone being fired for posts on Facebook?

With a $700mil severance package.