Sign in to follow this  
MagicFanInNevada

Bold 2014 NBA Draft Predictions

Aside from getting the first and third picks, is there any conceivable way to get both Wiggins and Exum?

Afflalo and our 12th for Utah's first rounder? Doubt they would do it though

Really Bold;

Chicago trades their 16th overall and 49th overall pick to Orlando for Arron Afflalo, Andrew Nicholson, and cash.

Magic 3rd pick overall: PF Aaron Gordon

Magic 12th pick overall: SG James Young

Magic 16th pick overall (from Chicago): PG Zach Lavine

Talk about a young athletic team with tons of potential. This is not what I'd want ideal but though but just putting some ideas out there

Really Bold;

Chicago trades their 16th overall and 49th overall pick to Orlando for Arron Afflalo, Andrew Nicholson, and cash.

Talk about a young athletic team with tons of potential. This is not what I'd want ideal but though but just putting some ideas out there

I don't even know where to start with this. With a few adjustments that trade does not seem too out of left field, but then you go on and say Aaron Gordon with the 3 pick.... No way in hell we or any team drafts Gordon with the third pick!

I don't even know where to start with this. With a few adjustments that trade does not seem too out of left field, but then you go on and say Aaron Gordon with the 3 pick.... No way in hell we or any team drafts Gordon with the third pick!

Kandi Kane and CTMagicUK, THAT'S WHY ITS CALLED A BOLD PREDICTION. I never said I want it to happen

Kandi Kane and CTMagicUK, THAT'S WHY ITS CALLED A BOLD PREDICTION. I never said I want it to happen

In that case I say the Magic wins the lottery and takes Isaiah Austin first overall

Really Bold;

I can't see us passing on one of Embiid, Exum, Parker or Wiggins. Those guys could arguably be the top four off the board. After those guys you might place Gordon in the same bracket as guys like Noah Vonleh, Julius Randle and Marcus Smart. But those guys are the ones that would be under consideration if we draft around #6 or #7.

As for the idea, I like it. I think if we can find a way to grab another first round pick, then that would be a good idea. However, my draft picks would be something like:

#3: Wiggins/Parker (SF) or Exum (PG)

#12: Gordon /Saric (PF)

#16: Elfrid Payton/Zach LaVine (PG) or Hood/Grant (SF)

I can't see us passing on one of Embiid, Exum, Parker or Wiggins. Those guys could arguably be the top four off the board. After those guys you might place Gordon in the same bracket as guys like Noah Vonleh, Julius Randle and Marcus Smart. But those guys are the ones that would be under consideration if we draft around #6 or #7.

As for the idea, I like it. I think if we can find a way to grab another first round pick, then that would be a good idea. However, my draft picks would be something like:

#3: Wiggins/Parker (SF) or Exum (PG)

#12: Gordon /Saric (PF)

#16: Elfrid Payton/Zach LaVine (PG) or Hood/Grant (SF)

Sounds good, with the combine Gordon had I doubt he falls to #12 though. Stranger things have happened

There's a difference between foolishness and scenarios that could likely happen

I'd say there's precisely a zero % chance of the Magic drafting Aaron Gordon at 3 or even 5.

There's a difference between foolishness and scenarios that could likely happen

There is no likelihood that Gordon will go #3 overall. None.

There is no likelihood that Gordon will go #3 overall. None.

Just like Terrence Ross wasn't going top 10, just like Russell Westbrook wasn't going into the top 5. I'm with you, I don't think he'll go top 3 either but we've seen teams value athleticism and youth over the last few years. He's 6'9" with shoes, one of the 3 youngest prospects in the draft, and his athleticism is off the charts. It's possible a teams falls in love with him and puts him at a higher value over Parker and possibly Embiid. Likely won't happen but also wouldn't surprise me. That's all I'm saying.

Oh and I meant to put that Chicago was giving us cash consideration in that trade scenario a and not us.