Sign in to follow this  
spenny

Bucks Select Yi with No. 6 Pick...Is he happy?

quote:
Disregarding his desire to play in a city with a heavy Asian influence, the Milwaukee Bucks selected Yi Jianlian with the sixth pick in the NBA draft on Thursday night.

http://www.nba.com/nba_news/bucks_select_yi.html

I dont think its a good move. He didnt want to work out for them indicating a desire to not be drafted by them. He'll demand a trade sooner or later I believe...

quote:
Disregarding his desire to play in a city with a heavy Asian influence, the Milwaukee Bucks selected Yi Jianlian with the sixth pick in the NBA draft on Thursday night.

http://www.nba.com/nba_news/bucks_select_yi.html

I dont think its a good move. He didnt want to work out for them indicating a desire to not be drafted by them. He'll demand a trade sooner or later I believe...

He should simply be grateful that he's fulfilled his dream to play in the NBA.

I think this is another Fran Vasquez situation waiting to happen. Yi looked SO unhappy up there shaking hands with the commissioner. If I was Milwaukee I just would of played it "safe" and picked either Joakim Noah or Brandan Wright.

Agents like to talk. I bet the guy (Yi) himself is grateful of the opportunity, but is copping an ear bashing.

the thing is, China dictates what will happen with Yi. I'd also like to see Yi make it to the Bay Area, or somewere that has a huge Chinese population.

Nope, bugger that. You'd like to see it but it shouldn't be that way. He should determine his own path and make it like everybody else, however good a prospect. China should have no say in the matter as it really has nothing to do with China and if thats where its headed.