Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2013-2014 Trade Watch Thread

Honestly, tanking and rebuilding aside, I hated to see JJ go and I'll hate to see Arron depart, both IMO class acts … might not have been the most talented individuals, but IMO they both have been hell of team players, and this is a team sport …

• Upvote 1

The most interesting trade scenario in my opinion is keeping him until the draft and maybe using him and our second first rounder to move up in the draft. Probably not possible in this draft, but it would be pretty awesome to have two top ten or better picks this year.

I'd be happy with that scenario, too.

Here's a question Magic fans:

Knowing what we know of their games, where would Jeremy Lamb and Terrence Ross be drafted in this draft?

I think Ross would slip out of the lottery but Lamb could threaten for the Top 10.

I like McCollum in college but in the NBA he's really undersized, not very athletic and really only a threat on offense. Wouldn't give AA up for him. I'd be fine in helping OKC win a title and handing them Afflalo for Lamb, garbage and a 1st round pick.

• The Magic aren’t expected to be players at the trade deadline, tweets Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders. Kyler says they will listen to offers, but aren’t pushing to make any deals.
  • Kyler also tweets that Arron Afflalo isn’t likely to be going anywhere. The Magic view him as a piece that fits their big picture plan, and his age and reasonable contract are a plus. Afflalo is averaging 19.4 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 3.7 APG, in 36.5 MPG. Chuck Myron had profiled him as a trade candidate earlier this month.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com