Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2013-2014 Trade Watch Thread

So basically we're not shopping him, just make us a great offer or gtfo.

Which is just fine by me. Let him build his value this season. Trade him in offseason/draft day. And next season will be his last with player option (history suggests opt out).

I think this past draft being terrible hurts our ability to trade afflalo. Very few top teams with good young prospects that don't want to wait around for them to develop.

Why does GS want to give us Barnes?

Here's what you do. Find a third team that would want afflalo and David lee and would give golden state a starting pf who plays defense and a bunch of bench depth. Then we can start talking Barnes

afflialo is not just giving a player away.

afflialo is not just giving a player away.

If afflalo is better than Barnes why are we trading for him. If Barnes is better than afflalo, why would golden state trade him?

How much value is afflalo going to have on a team with Thompson and iguodala already getting 4th quarter minutes?

• Upvote 1

To be honest, I'm not sure Henny would want to trade AA for a lot of the young guys who have been high picks lately: Barnes, Waiters, Porter, BMac, etc. It'll be interesting.

Time for a Monday evening Soul Bro special:

Orlando receives Rivers and Steimsma

and

NO receives Moore and Baby

This gives NO physical depth down low, while it clears salary for us ... and gives Rivers a second chance.

Hugs at the door

If afflalo is better than Barnes why are we trading for him. If Barnes is better than afflalo, why would golden state trade him?

How much value is afflalo going to have on a team with Thompson and iguodala already getting 4th quarter minutes?

We trade him because we need to in sure our top 3 pick.

Barnes is a solid player with the chance of being great. Afflialo is a top 5 sg/sf and is already there. With AA, you dont have to wait. With barnes, you do. That is why you bring in iguodala when you already have barners. They have a window to win now and they could make trades, to take it.

To be honest, I'm not sure Henny would want to trade AA for a lot of the young guys who have been high picks lately: Barnes, Waiters, Porter, BMac, etc. It'll be interesting.

If we can get a top 3 pick with AA. I think we keep him. If not, he is traded.

Here's a controversial idea:

Orlando receives Porter and Vesely

and

Washington receives Nelson and Denver's First Round Pick

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=koqhd97

This will ensure our tank and add a great, multi-dimensional talent in Porter. (The Denver pick will end up being around 20). Washington is dying for a back-up PG and leadership, which Nelson would deliver.

If we can get a top 3 pick with AA. I think we keep him. If not, he is traded.

Here's the thing, AA has played great for a 1/3rd of a season. His career averages say he is an average SG, not an all-star. I personally hope we sell high with AA, as I don't think he can keep up this play. I'd trade him for a good prospect like Barnes, Jackson, Porter or Lamb (while trying to dump salary, too). I'm not that high on Waiters or BMac.

Here's a controversial idea:

Orlando receives Porter and Vesely

and

Washington receives Nelson and Denver's First Round Pick

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=koqhd97

This will ensure our tank and add a great, multi-dimensional talent in Porter. (The Denver pick will end up being around 20). Washington is dying for a back-up PG and leadership, which Nelson would deliver.

Good value for us, no question. But Wash might have a bit too much pride to call it quits on Porter so soon.