Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2013-2014 Trade Watch Thread

Monday Dream:

Orlando receives Jackson, J. Lamb, Gomes and Perkins

and

OKC receives Nelson, Affalo and Baby

Plus, in 2014 OKC can switch their first for our lowest first.

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=l2ea94o

I believe Jackson and Lamb are studs waiting to break out. Really. Both are still very young, especially Lamb (21). Jackson plays like a longer, less developed Tony Parker, whereas Lamb has a stroke like Reggie Miller ... pure butta. I personally could get very excited about this team:

PG: Jackson

SG: Oladipo

SF: Lamb (He's long enough to play here), Hark

PF: Harris, Nicholson

C: Vooch, Vasquez (smile.gif)

I've watched a lot of college ball this year and I don't believe this class is as good as it's being hyped. I like the idea of trading for two young bucks who have been developed around some of the best in the NBA.

Now that all being said, I doubt OKC would trade both guys, but I'd be happy to just grab one.

Monday Dream:

and

I believe Jackson and Lamb are studs waiting to break out. Really. Both are still very young, especially Lamb (21). Jackson plays like a longer, less developed Tony Parker, whereas Lamb has a stroke like Reggie Miller ... pure butta. I personally could get very excited about this team:

I've watched a lot of college ball this year and I don't believe this class is as good as it's being hyped. I like the idea of trading for two young bucks who have been developed around some of the best in the NBA.

Now that all being said, I doubt OKC would trade both guys, but I'd be happy to just grab one.

I do not want Perkins on the team, he SUCKS!

I do not want Perkins on the team, he SUCKS!

Perkins makes the money work and becomes a trade asset either for a playoff team needing help at center this year or next year as the same or an expiring. He's not a long term solution.

remember that trade the Jazz pulled including Iguodola to the Warriors? they got back a bunch of expiring contracts (albeit trash) but two first round picks and two second round picks. I don't see any reason why we can't get something similar, especially if we're taking a guy back like Perkins who still has a year left.

Perkins makes the money work and becomes a trade asset either for a playoff team needing help at center this year or next year as the same or an expiring. He's not a long term solution.

Exactly

Monday Dream:

and

Although, it's an enticing trade, I think it's going to be really difficult to pry Lamb away from OKC. They seem to be very high on him and they seem to be grooming him for a bigger role on that team.

I want to trade for Reggie Jackson. I believe he could be our PG of the future.

We knew the OKC trio was good. We just didn't know teammate Reggie Jackson would be this good, this quickly. This season, he is averaging 12.0 points, 3.5 assists and 3.8 rebounds per game. Not impressed? Well, those numbers are deflated because he's playing as a reserve. He is averaging 17.6 points, 5.1 assists and 5.6 rebounds per 36 minutes while shooting 47.5 percent from the floor. As I pointed out in last week's episode of The Big Number, the list of players who can match those totals is a short one: LeBron James, Dwyane Wadeand Manu Ginobili.

http://insider.espn....ackson-too-good