Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

I'd like to make a run at Isaiah Thomas if he can be had for about 6 mil a year. There, I finally got that off my chest. I just think he'd be a great spark plug off the bench playing 26 mins a night. Plus he's more than capable of playing PG full time if we have any injuries.

He's a restricted free agent, though, so Sac has the option to match. Since he is their starter when healthy, I think they would match anything in that range.

Sac would probably love to have him for about 6M a year too. Is he full-time starter worthy? 6M/year is approaching 6th man or better territory, I would hope 7-12 shouldn't be earning that much unless we are in the thick of the ECF's or better for fear of financial disorder.

Sac would probably love to have him for about 6M a year too. Is he full-time starter worthy? 6M/year is approaching 6th man or better territory, I would hope 7-12 shouldn't be earning that much unless we are in the thick of the ECF's or better for fear of financial disorder.

Last year he played 72 games for them, starting 54 of them, and his averages in 34.7 minutes were

PPG APG RPG PER

20.3 6.3 2.9 20.54

Someone is going to offer his more than 6M a year. I would expect him to get an offer in the 9-10M range.

Sac have been trying to replace him for quite a while if you believe the rumors and if they draft Marcus Smart I could see them letting him walk. I really want him but I don't like him enough to overpay him so if they match so be it.

There are so many good pg's out there I don't see the need to pay 10M a year for one.

Because they are rarely "good" right out of college, it usually takes at least a season or two to acclimate - it might be the hardest position to make the transition from the college game/speed to the pros - and all 30 teams want at least one and would prefer to have two.

It would be a nice line up. Though I think the more realistic option could be:

(If we give up both firsts)

Nelson

Oladipo

Harris

Love

Vuc

(If we give up #4 and keep #12)

Ennis/Payton

Oladipo

Harris

Love

Vuc

It would be nice to land a superstar, to go along with our borderline all star center, and our talented SG. It could certainly bring back the good times.

Worst defensive frontcourt in history. No thank you. Love is not the answer.

John_Lennon_001_060109.jpg

All we need is Love, ya da da da da. All we need is Love, ya da da da da. All we need is Love, Love; Love is all we need.

(Actually, I'm not sure if I would want Kevin Love, I just couldn't resist because of the Lennon photo.)

I have seen a lot of people talking about saving our cap space until 2015, but I am not sure who/what we would be holding it for. ESPN's list of potential free agents for 2015 didn't really strike me as that impressive?

Edit: I did notice LaMarcus Aldridge, but with the improvement in Portland this year, they may be able to lock him back up before then.

I have seen a lot of people talking about saving our cap space until 2015, but I am not sure who/what we would be holding it for. ESPN's list of potential free agents for 2015 didn't really strike me as that impressive?

Durant 2016!! :creaturedance: