Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

No one called a three year deal but I think 15 was what it would take for him to leave. Especially if you look at the market, and tomorrow Melo will stay in NY, Lebron to Cleveland,Bosh to Houston. And waiters Bennett and another couple draft picks will be traded for Love.

I'd demand Wiggins if I were Minnesota. Bennett is garbage and I'm not a Waiters fan at all. The picks are a given and will be largely useless with Cleveland being a top 3 or 4 team in the league for the next 4-5 years. Will be sweet to watch Miami wither away back to NBA obscurity where they belong though.

I'd demand Wiggins if I were Minnesota. Bennett is garbage and I'm not a Waiters fan at all. The picks are a given and will be largely useless with Cleveland being a top 3 or 4 team in the league for the next 4-5 years. Will be sweet to watch Miami wither away back to NBA obscurity where they belong though.

Wonder which team all those #TeamHeat Bandwagon fools will cheer for! OKC or the Spurs bahahaa and I kind of agree wiggins will be dealt

Wonder which team all those #TeamHeat Bandwagon fools will cheer for! OKC or the Spurs bahahaa and I kind of agree wiggins will be dealt

Heat fans are the worst fans in the NBA in my opinion. The only worse than an actual Heat fan are the pseudo bandwagoner fans who will now likely become Cavs fans.

Crazy thought. On the Simmons podcast they were talking about Wade's value and both agreed it's probably somewhere around 10, but a team like Charlotte would probably offer him 12-13 just to land him.

What if we use Oladipo at the point this season and offer Wade a two year deal for around 20-25 million? It would make us playoff contenders and wouldn't hurt our long term space. It would also sell some tickets. Miami would need all the players they could get, so we could probably work a sign and trade including Nicholson and maybe O'Quinn to free up some extra cap room.

Noooooooooo

The Mavs and Chandler Parsons have reached an agreement on an offer sheet for three years and approximately $46MM. The third year is a player option, tweets Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports. Marc Stein of ESPN.com was the first to report the agreement (on Twitter), and Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports has confirmed the pending deal (via Twitter). The max salary for a player of Parsons’ status on a three-year deal would be $46,228,710, as we learned earlier today, so Dallas has offered the max or close to it to the small forward.

What do you know, a TWO YEAR DEAL. Someone, not naming names, told me repeatedly that my idea of offering options for year three and four was just insane and not even worth taking seriously.

I got a hell of a lot closer on this deal than people thought I would. This is too funny.

It's not a 2 year deal, it's a third year player option meaning it is out of the teams control.

The Decision has been made. LeBron James is returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers, a league source tells SheridanHoops.com.

James met with Miami Heat president Pat Riley today in Las Vegas to deliver the news. A contingent of other Heat officials were informed they were not welcome at the meeting, according to a source who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Via Sheridan Hoops

The Decision has been made. LeBron James is returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers, a league source tells SheridanHoops.com.

James met with Miami Heat president Pat Riley today in Las Vegas to deliver the news. A contingent of other Heat officials were informed they were not welcome at the meeting, according to a source who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Via Sheridan Hoops

Wait till Woj says it.

Via Sheridan Hoops

Way too fast.... Several sources have reported no decision has been made yet... And I agree Miami fans are terrible but don't forget how awful Cleveland fans were when Lebron was there...

I have to think this is legit if Sheridan wants to maintain any credibility. It would be pretty hard for anyone to take anything he says seriously from now on if he whiffs on this. I also don't think Cleveland would have given up what they did earlier today if they weren't pretty sure it was a done deal.

Didn't he call Dwight to Brooklyn in the same type of way? I may be wrong but I think he was out front like this with Dwight and was wrong. If these guys are wrong they just go with the whole "well things are very fluid and he changed his mind last minute. "

Those guys aren't about credibility, they are about hits. Looking for the quick route rather than building a reader base.

Exactly... They're all about breaking the story first. Guys like Sheridan and Broussard miss more than they hit but everyone forgets about it if they happen to get one right every now and then. I really think Sheridan and Broussard's sources are each other.