Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

2013 - 2014 Regular Season Thread

If you really want an example of the level of suicidal the boards could reach, visit the last page of this forum which dates March 1, 2007.

Threads and subjects that are there?

Fire Brian Hill TShirts, Brian Hill Heckled and insulted; Brian Hill throwing games, Players hating Brian Hill; Brian Hill Protests

JJ and Dinner being Defensive Liabilities

JD Being mad at WDBO

The Magic fighting for 8th seed

WE NEED ARROYO

Brian Hills atrocious rotations

Darko Milicic not starting

Bench Jameer

Start Dooling

Grant Hill playing Point Guard

Knappy willing the sacrifice "Nouns" for Brian Hill to get fired.

and some very offensive posts that were locked and not deleted.

Jameer was referred to as Jammer by some members. Supposedly, everyone on the roster was on the trading block. People thought

You have to add to the fact that the forums would average 8 threads a day with 20 to 80 responses. Then there was the HOF threads or game threads that hit over 100 and sometimes. 500 to 1000. Very active.

The panic we're receiving right now is noting compared to the previous.

Not to worry, barnettej. There are a WHOLE lot of Magic fans out here/there that feel the same

way you do (including myself), but they are not posting their thoughts for fear of getting

hammered.

Heck, my brothers (biological) are Magic fans and they don't read or post on any message boards.

My oldest brother constantly calls me on the phone during games voicing the same complaints as

barnettej. Trust me, my brothers know the game and can break things down to you as well as any

of the fans on this or any other message board.

It's difficult watching games when the Magic does not play defense and there are a lot of turnovers.

Vaughn's rotations absolutely does not make any sense.

What's the point in watching a game, when you know your team is going to lose. I just want to

see the Magic win a respectable number of games NOW. . .even if we come close or don't make

it into the playoffs the next 2 years. And I feel that there are a number of people out there that feel

the same as I do.

I don't mind seeing some of excitement of the Bo Outlaw/Darryl Armstrong years thrown in there

(you know..."heart and hustle"), yet not make the playoffs.

So there, bj. You heard it from me. . .you are NOT alone.

I don't disagree with this line of thought. The problem is though, if you want to win in the NBA you absolutely must have that top 5 pick, AND draft the player that becomes that superstar (at the very least all star) to have a chance of winning big. You can be extremely lucky like the Rockets this year, or the Pistons in 2004, but scenarios like that are a once in a decade affair. We aren't sniping Lebron James or Kevin Durant from their respective teams any time soon, so we need to be patient and get that talent that will ultimately get us back to contender status. If that means losing this year, next year, or even the year after, so be it. I care about winning a championship, not making the playoffs every year (more than half the teams in the league make the playoffs, so it's nothing special).

I'm just glad I slipped into the fantasy league, very welcome distraction from the magic sadness

If your team name is 'Inherited Wealth'...you're welcome!

I'm still reeling that we're only halfway through the season and it's been bad enough that the "merits" of Brian Hill have become part of this discussion. It is good though that folks are showing some passion.

I think Zach Lowe is a Magic fan.

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 6h

Headed to Orlando for two Magic games before All-Star. Want to go to Harry Potter World, @STUFF_Mascot?

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 23h

Kyle O'Quinn's beard is an under the radar awesome beard.

Washington will try to acquire a backup point guard before the trade deadline, a source said, but isn't optimistic the Wizards can make such a move.
- SOURCE

Wizards have a lot of contracts expiring but I don't like any of the prospects that they'd be willing to trade. I'd take a couple of expirings, a 2nd rounder this year and a future protected 1st (would have to be in 2016) for Jameer...

... Not likely but I can dream right?

EDIT: And... this is the wrong thread.