Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

2013 - 2014 Regular Season Thread

Great discussion, glad I can get these boards rolling.

I'm still sticking with the notion that we have problems. The responses were not good enough to sway the thought.

You guys like the direction and current situation. Me, not so much. Agree to disagree.

Next up, Barnettej will talk about being a small market... Ha ha ha... Just kidding.. Captain and I already did that..lol

Nobody "likes" the current situation, but we are all grown ups here (or so I thought) and understand what we need to do to get back to the top. Forget about the whole tanking thing for a second: That trade last season for Tobias Harris, was not made to tank further (although it did lead to that). It was to get something back for a player we weren't going to keep/pay. We did something similar (to a much lesser extent) with Ryan Anderson. That should tell you SOMETHING about the direction we're going, and how management is making moves to put the team in position to do something if an opportunity presents itself. Before Hennigan, it seemed like we were always on the receiving end of of those types of deals.

I've already shown you what real "problems" look like but you want to keep ignoring them. You have no absolutely no perspective, and look at the team through a vacuum with your personal expectations as the criteria for success. I still can't tell if you're being serious, or just taking everyone for a ride.

I don't think anyone likes losing...it sucks, but it's part of the deal in year two of a complete rebuild. Funny thing is, this board would be absolutely suicidal if we were hovering around .500 and holding down the eighth spot right now. You must agree that would be worse for us in the long-term, correct barnettej?

I don't think anyone likes losing...it sucks, but it's part of the deal in year two of a complete rebuild. Funny thing is, this board would be absolutely suicidal if we were hovering around .500 and holding down the eighth spot right now. You must agree that would be worse for us in the long-term, correct barnettej?

Well I suppose it would matter how. If we did get to the playoffs based off of young players playing out their minds like all stars.. Then maybe not. (Hypothetically Speaking)

If we made to the playoffs because the East is that bad, then yea... We all would be irrate becuase we know we don't have a championship team ready. And it would be bad for our long term prognosis.

The draft prospects for this year is 2002 like (I believe that's the yr of Bron, Wade, Bosh, Melo) and so everyone wants in. It's the drive behind the tanks.

Nobody "likes" the current situation, but we are all grown ups here (or so I thought) and understand what we need to do to get back to the top. Forget about the whole tanking thing for a second: That trade last season for Tobias Harris, was not made to tank further (although it did lead to that). It was to get something back for a player we weren't going to keep/pay. We did something similar (to a much lesser extent) with Ryan Anderson. That should tell you SOMETHING about the direction we're going, and how management is making moves to put the team in position to do something if an opportunity presents itself. Before Hennigan, it seemed like we were always on the receiving end of of those types of deals.

I've already shown you what real "problems" look like but you want to keep ignoring them. You have no absolutely no perspective, and look at the team through a vacuum with your personal expectations as the criteria for success. I still can't tell if you're being serious, or just taking everyone for a ride.

Ibn - Last year I was good with. We made the right moves and grabbed a steller Harris. The only problem I had was Davis being injured, thought he could of netted us something as well. I mean even the playing rotations were good.. Playing the young guys, letting them get a feel for the game.

This year, to me... Its a weird year for 2nd year players. Moe who avg like 20+ min a game and played a lot, can't get to the floor some nights this season. Drew who had decent minutes, is being DNP Coaches Decision. The coach comments doesn't seem to jive. Are signing of Jones over a pick and then dropping him, didn't make sense. I expected some carry over... But it seems that nothing did and we are starting fresh again... Like we never been through this the year prior.

Player tweets also have me worried.. Mo tweeted "You say you know how I feel, but you don't". That was when Mo barely got 10min in a game. The tweet was deleted, after I tweeted to him: "You have heart, you have determination, you will succeed. These are motivational times, fuel for the fire". That was a couple of weeks ago. Players are getting frustrated and it shows up in their play. I'm concerned.

Well I suppose it would matter how. If we did get to the playoffs based off of young players playing out their minds like all stars.. Then maybe not. (Hypothetically Speaking)

If we made to the playoffs because the East is that bad, then yea... We all would be irrate becuase we know we don't have a championship team ready. And it would be bad for our long term prognosis.

The draft prospects for this year is 2002 like (I believe that's the yr of Bron, Wade, Bosh, Melo) and so everyone wants in. It's the drive behind the tanks.

I think you're giving this team more credit than it deserves. We're not tanking, we're legitimately not good and no one expected us to be good. The season we're having was predicted by nearly everyone, so there's nothing to lose any sleep over. Now, if we're sitting here a year from now and having this conversation then we may have a problem, but until then just accept that we are what our record says we are and take comfort in knowing this should be the last year of absolute suckage.Stay the course.

I think you're giving this team more credit than it deserves. We're not tanking, we're legitimately not good and no one expected us to be good. The season we're having was predicted by nearly everyone, so there's nothing to lose any sleep over. Now, if we're sitting here a year from now and having this conversation then we may have a problem, but until then just accept that we are what our record says we are and take comfort in knowing this should be the last year of absolute suckage.Stay the course.

It's hard to figure out if we suck this bad or it's intentional with players sitting out whole games.

MagicBlue, did we play better last season as compared to this one, in your opinion?

So i take it you guys would not be up for tanking next season too?

Personally... I hate losing... With every Marine bone in my body.

Objectively, looking at a team that fails 3yrs in a row for draft picks, isn't a team I would bank on. And it's not a team I would spend money on. Orlando isn't LA, we need our fans, our city to be behind us. Which only happens if your winning and not tanking 3yrs straight.

It's hard to figure out if we suck this bad or it's intentional with players sitting out whole games.

MagicBlue, did we play better last season as compared to this one, in your opinion?

I think last season was more exciting in a lot of ways (ex. watching Vuc become a force, adding Harris and watching him surprise the NBA) and probably had some more quality wins/moral victories (beating the Lakers in LA, almost beating Miami twice) . This season has been a bit anti-climatic, especially when you factor in injuries (Tobias to start the season, more recently Vuc) it's just kind of feels like a lost year. My biggest disappointment has been Harkless, but the guy is still real young and has time to develop. I think in general it's just genuinely hard to deal with back-to-back losing seasons like this, but this is part of the process and will one day serve as evidence that we are all true fans.

So to at least attempt to answer your question, did we play better last year? I don't know, maybe. The losing certainly seemed a bit more palatable last season that's for sure, but that may have also been because I was somewhat distracted by the satisfaction I felt watching Dwight bust in LA

I think last season was more exciting in a lot of ways (ex. watching Vuc become a force, adding Harris and watching him surprise the NBA) and probably had some more quality wins/moral victories (beating the Lakers in LA, almost beating Miami twice) . This season has been a bit anti-climatic, especially when you factor in injuries (Tobias to start the season, more recently Vuc) it's just kind of feels like a lost year. My biggest disappointment has been Harkless, but the guy is still real young and has time to develop. I think in general it's just genuinely hard to deal with back-to-back losing seasons like this, but this is part of the process and will one day serve as evidence that we are all true fans.

So to at least attempt to answer your question, did we play better last year? I don't know, maybe. The losing certainly seemed a bit more palatable last season that's for sure, but that may have also been because I was somewhat distracted by the satisfaction I felt watching Dwight bust in LA

Solid Answer, thanks. I agree with it.

Me also being a Detroit Lions fan doesn't help (Birthed in Detroit, raised in Orlando... Just in case ppl were ?) one bit. Now I need a drink.

Solid Answer, thanks. I agree with it.

Me also being a Detroit Lions fan doesn't help (Birthed in Detroit, raised in Orlando... Just in case ppl were ?) one bit. Now I need a drink.

Yeah, I'm a Bucs fan so I can relate

Not to worry, barnettej. There are a WHOLE lot of Magic fans out here/there that feel the same

way you do (including myself), but they are not posting their thoughts for fear of getting

hammered.

Heck, my brothers (biological) are Magic fans and they don't read or post on any message boards.

My oldest brother constantly calls me on the phone during games voicing the same complaints as

barnettej. Trust me, my brothers know the game and can break things down to you as well as any

of the fans on this or any other message board.

It's difficult watching games when the Magic does not play defense and there are a lot of turnovers.

Vaughn's rotations absolutely does not make any sense.

What's the point in watching a game, when you know your team is going to lose. I just want to

see the Magic win a respectable number of games NOW. . .even if we come close or don't make

it into the playoffs the next 2 years. And I feel that there are a number of people out there that feel

the same as I do.

I don't mind seeing some of excitement of the Bo Outlaw/Darryl Armstrong years thrown in there

(you know..."heart and hustle"), yet not make the playoffs.

So there, bj. You heard it from me. . .you are NOT alone.

• Upvote 1