Sign in to follow this  
LetsGoMagic

Trade Discussion Thread

Why we have to complicate this situation? The solution for the winning way is: Rudy Tonyanovish for coaching. No trade of players, no changes in the Orlando team roster. Just in the coaching. And has to be NOW!

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Athena, thanks for the post. Though I don't agree with it, this made me laugh out loud:

Originally posted by GrizzWiz:

Frankly, I think the odds are higher for me to become a human diamond mine than for Darko to become a star in the NBA.

i know, i was cracking up with that one too lol

thankfully, they don't agree with it either!

I don't get all the Vince Carter hype. He is still putting numbers, but it is because he is the only true offensive weapon in NJ. I think he's declining as a basketball player, and he will be a horrible teamate in the later part of his career, as I don't think he is capable of seeing himsel as anything other that "the man". Trading for VC, no mater who we trade will be a step back for the Magic. If we are to trade any combination of Darko, (Carlos/diener), and GHill, I would do it for someone that can give us 5-6 great years, like Joe Johnson or Leandro Barbosa, not for an Aging VC who'll become an overpaid has been in the next 2-3 years.

Go Magic!

I would like to understand why the majority of you all want to trade Arroyo. I remember when he joint the team last season, back then the majority was happy about it. He played really well and did bring something that was lacking. He spiced things up on many plays and also many new fans. He also started to be involved in the community. Everybody was happy. Since then, the Magic has been a winning team. I acknowledge Darko also has contribute significantly, but Arroyo is the back-up playmaker and now most of you want to get rid of him, because he had a slump witch he seems to be getting out by now. But you still want to trade him. I just simply can not understand this fan based.

Don

CoachTSurfing, I don't understand your quote here from the 'Grant for Vince' thread.

quote:
Before you start screaming one way or the other think about this. Vince can be had at the end of the season. The only way that I would trade anyone for Vince would be if he signed an extension. Otherwise we are just renting this guy for one season vs. us being able to sign a good player with Grant's contract being finished.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your statement, but this sounds like a contradiction.

First, you say that Vince can be had at the end of the season. That means you must assume that he WANTS to be here.

Then you turn around and say that if we trade for him, we would only be renting him for one season. Huh?

Your first argument says he wants to be here, then your second argument says he'll jump ship first chance he gets.

Which is it?

quote:
Originally posted by Scarred for Life:

What if we tried to get Paul Pierce. I mean boston is rebuilding and everything so they might be interested in making a deal, and completely starting over. Paul would be great for the Magic.

i like it it would be great if we could acquire al jefferson too that would make us contenders! but that wont happen. if we were to trade for him theres nobody on that team that i would want besides jefferson which im sure they wont give up

what about ben gordon. I read last year that the Bulls were interested in tading him for G-Hill straight up, but the Magic wouldnt do it...(banging my head against a wall).

Do you guys think they would still be interested in making a move like that still. Grant is probably more attractive to other teams now than he ever was before. Maybe we could get something out of Grant after all. If we could get quality yung talent that would be the best.

quote:

what about ben gordon. I read last year that the Bulls were interested in tading him for G-Hill straight up, but the Magic wouldnt do it...(banging my head against a wall).

Do you guys think they would still be interested in making a move like that still. Grant is probably more attractive to other teams now than he ever was before. Maybe we could get something out of Grant after all. If we could get quality yung talent that would be the best.

where the hell did you see that? but its completely false. bulls wouldnt trade gordon for gausol they not going to trade him for crippled grant

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

quote:

where the hell did you see that? but its completely false. bulls wouldnt trade gordon for gausol they not going to trade him for crippled grant

I dont know it was in some newspaper about 1 year ago, during last season, right before the Magic went on their slump.