UEBERMORTAL

Is D12 the most overrated player in Magic's history?

well, y'all have to admit he really is underrated when it comes to the topic of "chemistry" ...

Dwight Howard talks team chemistry

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8817247/dwight-howard-says-los-angeles-lakers-play-each-other

Definitely .... The only guy I know that unknowingly threw his team lack of hang out time out there for team chemistry.

I will say that comment sniper shot was good.... Alpha Male? We are not wolves.... LMAO

Babir_9, on 27 December 2012 - 01:15 PM, said:

Yes, Dwight Howard is a great player...But not one of the best centers ever or better than young Shaq...thats how we were reffering to him when he was wearing Magic uniform...and we must admit that...now if you look at him and even look back you just realise how limited he was and how low was his basketball IQ...those ridiculous goal tendings, stupid frustration fouls when he was bothered by the physical defense, crying after calls and etc. I enjoy so much now to see his limitied role with the Lakers...He is not as skillfull as Amare was, so he is not that effective on the PnR with Nash, he is so awkward after getting a pass on the move...he only can pass it back to the perimeter, nothing else...I like how he is blaming everyone and finding excuses after his poor perfomances...I was not really hating Shaq when he left, he played his contract out and left...Magic originally offered him less money! stupid polls in locas newspapers...of course Shaq wanted to leave but who know what could have happened if the Magic tried differently to keep him...Dwight's situation was different...he decided long before he got to the last year of his deal that he would leave...he was talking to Deron about joining forces...then a secret meeting with Nets...then all this stupid loyalty thing and blackmailing and SVG's situation and etc. etc. He will never succeed after that, never...Lebron is the greatest person ever comparing to Dwight...Lebron actually must thanks Dwight that he took all the hatred off him on himself...Interesting to see whats going to happen next, Kobe will play at least another 3 years on the similar level...so it won't be Dwight's team for a long time...and he is not getting younger and as he gets older his game would be even worse...Only team which can sign him is Dallas in the offseason but he definitely won't be among contenders with the Mavs...So, thats it...I will be enjoying Dwights torture by the media, fans and everyone else...

Lol

Whats, so funny? Was I wrong? :) Yes, I did say he is a great player...but better than Shaq? No. Limited offensively? Yes. Low Basketball IQ? Yes. Mentaly weak? Yes. and etc...

Even the last game. Dwight showed his stupidty again :) Got the key rebound and instead of passing to his guards safely he just lost the ball trying to make a long outlet or whatever it was ))) or the last block? It looked like he could hit the ball not that strong and get the posession but he hit it so hard and straight to the corner for the wide open 3 :)

I am enjoying this so much right now. How great it would be if the Lakers won't even make the playoffs :) And then the offseason ;) Still Kobe's team for the next 2-3 years, no cap flexibility...Dallas? I don't think CP3 would go there and alone with old Dirk they won't be even close to contending again :)

Stupid, Stupid Dwight :) If the Lakers management has any brains they would trade him before the trade deadline involving 3-4 teams and sending Coward to Nets...

Dwight Howard is an alpha male and, according to him, has been all is life. That is, if you change the definition of an alpha male to someone who likes to smile, laugh, and make the workplace more enjoyable for everyone (which I'm not sure he does anyway...some people, like Kobe, are in it to win rings, not have fun). What a joke this guy is!!!

• Upvote 1

Whats, so funny? Was I wrong? :)/> Yes, I did say he is a great player...but better than Shaq? No. Limited offensively? Yes. Low Basketball IQ? Yes. Mentaly weak? Yes. and etc...

Even the last game. Dwight showed his stupidty again :)/> Got the key rebound and instead of passing to his guards safely he just lost the ball trying to make a long outlet or whatever it was ))) or the last block? It looked like he could hit the ball not that strong and get the posession but he hit it so hard and straight to the corner for the wide open 3 :)/>

I am enjoying this so much right now. How great it would be if the Lakers won't even make the playoffs :)/> And then the offseason ;)/> Still Kobe's team for the next 2-3 years, no cap flexibility...Dallas? I don't think CP3 would go there and alone with old Dirk they won't be even close to contending again :)/>

Stupid, Stupid Dwight :)/> If the Lakers management has any brains they would trade him before the trade deadline involving 3-4 teams and sending Coward to Nets...

That has got to be the record for the most smiley faces in one post!! But seriously, you do know that over using something on this forum will lead to the inability for anyone to use it ever again. right? Look what happened to the negative button at the botton of posts! I would sure hate to lose the smiley face too and I fear you are pushing that limit!

As for this agruement, it has to be one of the stupidest ever. Dwight is one of the best players ever to play for the Magic. Yes his leadership and maturity is lacking, but that does not take away from his greatness on the court.

It does however pose the question as to who is the most overrated player in Magic History. I am going with Darrell Armstrong, despite him being one of my favorite of all times. My reasoning is that he is loved due to his time leading the heart and hustle magic team which puts blinders on the fans regarding his balling ability. Man am I gonna get some slack for this one!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That has got to be the record for the most smiley faces in one post!! But seriously, you do know that over using something on this forum will lead to the inability for anyone to use it ever again. right? Look what happened to the negative button at the botton of posts! I would sure hate to lose the smiley face too and I fear you are pushing that limit!

As for this agruement, it has to be one of the stupidest ever. Dwight is one of the best players ever to play for the Magic. Yes his leadership and maturity is lacking, but that does not take away from his greatness on the court.

It does however pose the question as to who is the most overrated player in Magic History. I am going with Darrell Armstrong, despite him being one of my favorite of all times. My reasoning is that he is loved due to his time leading the heart and hustle magic team which puts blinders on the fans regarding his balling ability. Man am I gonna get some slack for this one!

I did not know about the smileys limit, my apologies and Thanks for letting me know.

Now back to the argument. When Dwight was wearing Magic uniform, a lot of users on this forum were proving that Dwight is so much better than Shaq and has much better potential and would have a better career and etc. Every season we all (Magic fans) were reading those articles about how the best center in the world improving his jumpshot, post up game and etc. And still every season he was showing nothing close to the polished offensive game. Moreover, he could not control himself and was always struggling vs physical centers even the guys like Pachulia and Collins were confusing him. So he never developed to the player we all were dreaming about. Yes, of course he is a great player but not what most of the Magic fans hoped he would. He never realised his limits himslef, he is dreaming about his own team, having ball at the end of the games...and he would never see that, especially now in L.A. which proves his stupidity again! How he was expecting to have this role on a team where Kobe plays??? I am 100% sure he is cursing himself right now for what he did because it is very obvious he is not enjoying it in L.A. and fans not happy there as well, many of them already dreaming about trading him while it is not too late.

I would not hate him so much if he just left us. But all this crap about wanting to win, lack of support, not committed ownership, loyalty, blackmailing, hidden meetings with the Nets, stupid jokes...after all this I can only enjoy his failures now and wish the Lakers would not make the playoffs...

I did not know about the smileys limit, my apologies and Thanks for letting me know.

Now back to the argument. When Dwight was wearing Magic uniform, a lot of users on this forum were proving that Dwight is so much better than Shaq and has much better potential and would have a better career and etc. Every season we all (Magic fans) were reading those articles about how the best center in the world improving his jumpshot, post up game and etc. And still every season he was showing nothing close to the polished offensive game. Moreover, he could not control himself and was always struggling vs physical centers even the guys like Pachulia and Collins were confusing him. So he never developed to the player we all were dreaming about. Yes, of course he is a great player but not what most of the Magic fans hoped he would. He never realised his limits himslef, he is dreaming about his own team, having ball at the end of the games...and he would never see that, especially now in L.A. which proves his stupidity again! How he was expecting to have this role on a team where Kobe plays??? I am 100% sure he is cursing himself right now for what he did because it is very obvious he is not enjoying it in L.A. and fans not happy there as well, many of them already dreaming about trading him while it is not too late.

I would not hate him so much if he just left us. But all this crap about wanting to win, lack of support, not committed ownership, loyalty, blackmailing, hidden meetings with the Nets, stupid jokes...after all this I can only enjoy his failures now and wish the Lakers would not make the playoffs...

I was messing with you on the smiley limit

Regarding your comment on struggling verse physical centers, I thought he had gotten better vs them the past few years overall. I see a lot of hate in the rest of your post which makes me think that is clouding your judgement. Besides how does his actions off the court with this trade crap have anything to do with is overall dominating presence on the court?

EDIT: have no clue how this got seperated from the quote except that I am using my phone.

Regarding your comment on struggling verse physical centers, I thought he had gotten better vs them the past few years overall. I see a lot of hate in the rest of your post which makes me think that is clouding your judgement. Besides how does his actions off the court with this trade crap have anything to do with is overall dominating presence on the court?

His last playoff series was against the Hawks and yes he had a good stats in that series but too many turnovers. Just remember the key Game 6 in Atlanta if I am not mistaken he started the game with like 4 turnovers in first 4-5 minutes of the 1st quarter. In that series he was averaging almost 6 turnovers, mostly vs Collins and Pachulia and Hawks were not doubling him, shutting down our perimeter players. He was always struggling vs physical defense, getting frustrated, crying to refs, getting stupid offensive fouls and technicals. Remember series vs Pistons, Celtics, Lakers. In finals he had his first dunk in the second half of game 2. He dominated only during one playoff series vs Cavs but thats only because of Mike Browns poor decisions... As I have already said Dwight's basketball IQ is too low...last game vs Denver he got a key defensive rebound and just lost the ball making a kid's mistake, next possesion blocked shot too strong and directed the ball for the wide open three pointer. He could have saved the posession for his team. That is why Kobe is pissed off right now, Bryant is not an angel and he is part of their problems but at least he is not smiling and laughing during the losses and that what was really annoying when Howard played in Orlando. This stupid smile. KG openly calls him a clown...Once again, Dwight does not know and refuses to anticipate his limitations...he does not understand what is his role and SVG could not explain him that and it cost him his job. Dwight wants to be a guy but he never would, he just can't be trusted to have ball in his hands at the end of the important games-no polished offensive game, terrible FT shooting. He will be 28, not a kid anymore, he won't become better skill wise. He won't be jumping and dunking his all career, he is already not the same player he was. So, I do not see any bright future for him. Best case scenario, he is going to win his ring as a veteran in his late 30s playing for minimum. In his prime he is not going to win anything.

Besides how does his actions off the court with this trade crap have anything to do with is overall dominating presence on the court

Just proves his stupidity. On the court and off the court. Just listen to his interviews...You know, you know, you know, you know...and same basic sentenses and excuses all the time. Of course it has nothing to do directly wth his so called dominance on the court but just overall adds negativity to his image.

Just proves his stupidity. On the court and off the court. Just listen to his interviews...You know, you know, you know, you know...and same basic sentenses and excuses all the time. Of course it has nothing to do directly wth his so called dominance on the court but just overall adds negativity to his image.

I've known some pretty intelligent people that couldn't express themselves in a public speaking situation, let alone in front of microphones and t.v. cameras.