Sign in to follow this  
A Better DJ & Photographer

5 months after the trades... how do you feel about the team

Rate our trade now that the season is rolling along  

43 members have voted

1. 1. were the trades great, good, bad, terrible?

• great- the moves we made set us up to return to greatness the fastest way possible
    • good- we might be OK
    • bad- we should have kept Dwight 1 more season
    • terrible- we will suck forever

They have definitely hit the road running, and if they keep this up all season long, they have a good chance and blowing my prediction out of the water (I predicted 23 wins).

The big difference between my prediction and reality so far has been our defense. I thought our biggest downfall would be on the defensive end, and so far, we've been one of the better teams defensively. I think JV gets a big nod for getting the guys to buy into his system and play hard.

Also, in my defense, I would like to point out that I didn't take Hedo's absence into account, and was totally counting on him to jack up shots, limit ball movement, and continue playing his matador style defense.

• Upvote 3

LOL at the Hedo comment ^ and you are probably right. So the next question is when Hedo is ready to come back how does JV handle him if he is playing typical Hedo ball?

hedo should play the 4. That way he isn't a complete liability on D. Plus I wanna keep Harkless.

• Upvote 1

They have definitely hit the road running, and if they keep this up all season long, they have a good chance and blowing my prediction out of the water (I predicted 23 wins).

The big difference between my prediction and reality so far has been our defense. I thought our biggest downfall would be on the defensive end, and so far, we've been one of the better teams defensively. I think JV gets a big nod for getting the guys to buy into his system and play hard.

Also, in my defense, I would like to point out that I didn't take Hedo's absence into account, and was totally counting on him to jack up shots, limit ball movement, and continue playing his matador style defense.

It appears that you don't have to stomp your feet, and scream and holler at the players to get them to play good defense. I am really liking the demeanor of da coach.

• Upvote 2

It appears that you don't have to stomp your feet, and scream and holler at the players to get them to play good defense. I am really liking the demeanor of da coach.

I see what you did thar

When the trade was about to happen, my wish was:

Howard + Duhon + Turkoglu + Richardson

for

young players with potential (could be Vucevic, Morre) + rookies (Harkless) + future lottery picks + expirings

When all was said and done, I liked:

- Vucevic / Moore / Harkless

- The amount of picks

- Sending out Duhon and Richardson

- Keeping BBD and Redick

I was torn about:

- Bringing Afflalo. Have always thought highly of him as a player, but just didn't see the point of basic rebuilding with quality guys. It was supposed to be all potential, raw, upside. Not ready guys like Arron

- Keeping Nelson. Never a good defender, and has been continually declining since 10 playoffs. At the same time, always a positive leader and can be really good offensively from time to time.

I disliked:

- Bringing Harrington. Not an expiring contract, a perennial scorer for losing teams.

- Keeping Turkoglu. I think he was a great player once, but nowadays he is almost useless and taking valuable minutes away from youngsters.

- The quality of the draft picks received

- Letting Anderson go. Price was really a lot for a guy his caliber, but was starting to blossom here, and still very young and overachieving (except in the postseason).

As it turns out, hopefully the model for rebuilding is not just being atrocious and running into the #1 pick, but building a good core from scratch and adding a few pieces. Me, personally, I would like NOT TO MAKE ANY TRADES for a long time, and just build through the draft and getting a huge FA when the time comes.

Meanwhile, seeing this team competing for a playoffs spot and with an explosive offense is not too shabby. Certainly not dreamlike, but not a bad scenario after Howard practically destroyed the franchise.

Your concern about rebuilding with Afflalo and your desire to resign Anderson completely contradict each other.

hedo should play the 4. That way he isn't a complete liability on D. Plus I wanna keep Harkless.

He's still going to be a complete liability. The only difference is that, instead of getting torched on the perimeter, he will be getting bullied in the paint.

Speak for yourself. There was a thread about this 5 months ago in which I and a few others said we thought the team could compete for a 7-8 spot. go look and see who jumped into the herd saying we would definitely suck, and mocked anyone who thought otherwise. It's a good read.

A lot of you don't understand the Spurs process and how they build their teams and their offense. You think you do, but you don't. Go back and look, I explained it months ago.

I am not surprised by this team at all.

I was definitely one of the guys that thought this team would suck. And I still think it's a possibility. This team has, in my opinion, been overachieving and we aren't deep enough to withstand injuries and keep winning. It will be interesting to see how the team responds to losing Davis and, if Jameer goes down for any length of time, this team is not going to win many games. I could see this team rattling off a 10 game losing streak pretty easily.

It's way too early in the season to be proclaiming yourself the winner of a "predict the season win total" debate.

Maybe the 4 until Baby gets back, then again we have Harrington soon too.

IMO there is no place in our lineup for Harrington or Hedo once Glen is healthy again. Harrington may be tradable and maybe Mr DeVoss could buy Hedo a pizza joint and talk him into retiring.