Sign in to follow this  
bpcox05

Trade Idea: Magic, Kings, and Pacers

It's not about what JJ wants. It's about what is best for the franchise. I don't consider holding onto a 28 year old sharpooter who comes off the bench a necessity in a rebuilding process. He is definitely expendable. Here are a few quotes about Orlando's rebuilding process. Maybe this will change your mind on Redick.

It's not a question of Redick not being available for the right price.

It's the fact that you're saying absolutely ridiculous ****, and suggesting trades that hamstring Orlando's salary cap while not making them better in the short term or long term.

I mean, I didn't think you could top: "DJ Augustin is a pass first point guard", but then you had to go and say that Marcus Thornton and Monta Ellis were both top 5 shooting guards. This isn't shooting fish in a barrel. This is acknowledging fish in a barrel.

Like if you say: "Yes, there are fish in that barrel" then the barrel would suddenly explode.

What I'm trying to say is that the knowledge you exist is a burden on my soul.

• Upvote 1

It's not about what JJ wants. It's about what is best for the franchise. I don't consider holding onto a 28 year old sharpooter who comes off the bench a necessity in a rebuilding process. He is definitely expendable. Here are a few quotes about Orlando's rebuilding process. Maybe this will change your mind on Redick.

"Dwight Howard is gone, but that is just knocking down one wall in the major rebuilding project that is going on in Orlando. GM Rob Hennigan is rebuilding the entire house and there is a lot more work to do."

"They are open for business to any team that is interested in the likes of holdovers Hedo Turkoglu, Jameer Nelson, J.J. Redick, Big Baby Davis and Quentin Richardson."

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/01/orlando-is-far-from-done-trading-plenty-of-guys-available/

WTF? You misunderstood what I said. Hennigan signs players that are committed to long term. JJ is one of those players that are committed to the long term. Your thought process is similar to Otis Smith. These so-called analyst are just plain pathetic and think whats best for the Magic based on statistical value which any idiot with a math major can jack it up. You know nothing about this franchise and I suggest you go bandwagon other team like the Lakers, Knicks, or Heat.

some Newbs make me wanna :beatcomp:

I will be using this next time someone pisses me off. You should trademark it.

I will be using this next time someone pisses me off. You should trademark it.

I was thinking he was using that quote from "Team America". I might be wrong.

Tried to read this, just way to long. Of the part I did read, I have a couple of questions for you.

1. Why would anyone, even the Kings, want Ish Smith?

2. Why are you including trade between the Kings and Pacers?

Just wondering...

1. To make the salaries match up so the trade can work.

2. In order to get good value in return for our players. Not everything has to be a 2 team trade.

It's not a question of Redick not being available for the right price.

It's the fact that you're saying absolutely ridiculous ****, and suggesting trades that hamstring Orlando's salary cap while not making them better in the short term or long term.

I mean, I didn't think you could top: "DJ Augustin is a pass first point guard", but then you had to go and say that Marcus Thornton and Monta Ellis were both top 5 shooting guards. This isn't shooting fish in a barrel. This is acknowledging fish in a barrel.

Like if you say: "Yes, there are fish in that barrel" then the barrel would suddenly explode.

Orlando's salary cap is already hamstrung. Turkoglu, Harrington, Davis, and even Nelson's contract are problems for us. It is going to be next to impossible to trade any of those contracts until they are an expiring and on their last year. The only way we could get rid of some of these contracts is package on of them with Afflalo and get a worse player in return. It is looking more and more like we are going to have to wait these contracts out, and we might as well pick up as many young assets on the way.

You don't think Augustin is a pass first point guard? What is he then a shoot first point guard? I don't know if you have seen him play, but judging by your comment, I am going to have to say you haven't. He is a unselfish PG who looks for his teammates first and foremost. There is no debating that. All you need to do is watch a few games and you will know.

Yes both Thornton were ranked as top 5 SGs by the NBA last season. Here is the link:

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/33070391/Marcus-Thornton-named-No-5-Shooting-Guard-in-the-NBA.aspx

i don't see why the kings agree to this, they don't need anymore wings

Well they would be giving up 3 wings and getting 2 in return so it would actually help them in that department.

WTF? You misunderstood what I said. Hennigan signs players that are committed to long term. JJ is one of those players that are committed to the long term. Your thought process is similar to Otis Smith. These so-called analyst are just plain pathetic and think whats best for the Magic based on statistical value which any idiot with a math major can jack it up. You know nothing about this franchise and I suggest you go bandwagon other team like the Lakers, Knicks, or Heat.

some Newbs make me wanna :beatcomp:/>/>

All I was saying is just because a player wants to play here long term does not mean it is best for the franchise to keep him long term. By the time this team gets turned aroun he will probably be around 31-33. Yeah he is a nice player to have and if he was younger and could grow and develop with the team we are trying to put together then I would love to have him. However, this isn't the case. My logic is that we should trade him to get some value for him while he is still in his prime and get some young assets in return. By the time our young assets begin to hit their stride our salary cap situation will open up and we will be sitting pretty.