Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Battuta

ORL @ BKN 11/11 game thread

I wouldn't say I think we're good one minute and suck the next I just think people need to be realistic about playing a team who have 2 Allstars when our teams best two players are Davis and Afflalo.

I was referring to the 2-0 start. Lots of people had inflated expectations because we beat 2 teams in dominating fashion.

I was referring to the 2-0 start. Lots of people had inflated expectations because we beat 2 teams in dominating fashion.

Oh yea right, I'm with you on that, thought you were referring to me specifically sorry.

well we did have both Nelson and Hedo those games didn't we? i could be wrong i forgot what game they got injured in but i digress....we're not full strength and missing guys that are obviously at this point KEY to our team....but this is more or less what i expected so i'm not really losing sleep over this....i just wish we played a bit harder because i can take a loss if we give it all we got.....i just can't stand watching a team that wants to lose on purpose....it's obvious we're not doing that but i just wished we played a bit harder that's all

well we did have both Nelson and Hedo those games didn't we? i could be wrong i forgot what game they got injured in but i digress....we're not full strength and missing guys that are obviously at this point KEY to our team....but this is more or less what i expected so i'm not really losing sleep over this....i just wish we played a bit harder because i can take a loss if we give it all we got.....i just can't stand watching a team that wants to lose on purpose....it's obvious we're not doing that but i just wished we played a bit harder that's all

Hedo and Jameer both missed the phoenix game

And to be fair, I thought we did play pretty hard tonight, we outscored the Nets in all but the 1st quarter, we forced a lot of turnovers and, were it not for a poor 3 point shooting display, could have come a lot closer to winning than we did... How many nights are there going to be when JJ and Afflalo combine for 0 of 6 from beyond the arc?

We are playing hard. Unfortunately Davis is the best we got. Yea he takes tough shots, but they wouldn't be any better with the other guys.

Nelson is out, and yes he does provide a leadership/stability factor, but that's not enough to overcome the talent gap. Hedo is negative talent/leadership/whatever as far as i'm concerned.

the next 4 games (knicks, pistons, raptors, hawks) we should beat the pistons and raptors. Maybe the hawks. But with a young team like this I wouldn't be surprised if we drop all four.

We kept it close at the end against a playoff team today. We outscored them in 3 out of 4 quarters today, points in the paint, and fast break points. Why is it so bad that we lost? I know Vucevic didn't play that well, but this is his 2nd year in the league and he still put up 14/12/3 and a block. None of the vets on this team are good enough for us to even win a playoff series, so why do we want to win a bunch of regular season games? I'm perfectly content with drafting high and taking personal victories in young player improvements. Also, I'm not crazy enough to think that we SHOULD be winning these games.

• Upvote 2

Man i'll tell you what i really like Vucci i think that he has a great base set of skills to build off of....i was particularly watching him tonight to see if he would bounce back and play better than the last game and he did.....Defensively i got to admit he's pretty solid he gets in the right position most of the time and he keeps his hands high and moves his feet. Most of the shots Brook Lopez made and missed was contested by Vucci when he guarded him. His offensive game needs to be refined but the skills and the footwork are there. The mechanics on his jump shot are fine he just needs to sharpen it to a point where he can hit those shots consistently but he had a nice little bank shot that showed to me he has a nice touch around the rim

What he needs to do going forward is refine his base skills(Footwork, Post moves, Jump shots, Defensive positioning) and more importantly hit that weight room and transform his body. He's only 22 right now so he still has a lot of room to grow and improve but i like his potential....IF he adds some weight to be able to bang downlow and finish strong then he could end up being VERY good.....

• Upvote 1