Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Battuta

ORL @ BKN 11/11 game thread

Man i'll tell you what i really like Vucci i think that he has a great base set of skills to build off of....i was particularly watching him tonight to see if he would bounce back and play better than the last game and he did.....Defensively i got to admit he's pretty solid he gets in the right position most of the time and he keeps his hands high and moves his feet. Most of the shots Brook Lopez made and missed was contested by Vucci when he guarded him. His offensive game needs to be refined but the skills and the footwork are there. The mechanics on his jump shot are fine he just needs to sharpen it to a point where he can hit those shots consistently but he had a nice little bank shot that showed to me he has a nice touch around the rim

What he needs to do going forward is refine his base skills(Footwork, Post moves, Jump shots, Defensive positioning) and more importantly hit that weight room and transform his body. He's only 22 right now so he still has a lot of room to grow and improve but i like his potential....IF he adds some weight to be able to bang downlow and finish strong then he could end up being VERY good.....

Positive rep

This team is still a year away. No quick fix. Im bias but is andrew in the doghouse? He's got a sh*tload of work to do and things to learn but bobby mcbobberson and ayon should not be getting his minutes.

A strong pg with nelson, afflalo can play a 2/3, vuc I like and here's the missing piece. I don't know if its a hybrid 4 or a true 5. The game has changed hell dating back to the 80s. True 5s haven't roamed since russel, lanier, and walton.

If hennigan was at the helm after last years playoff run bbd would have been traded and brought in some value. No ones fault. I like what he does but he's better coming off the bench in terms of the direction this team is going.

Haters gonna hate.

All I care about is the Magic handing the Knicks their first loss of the season. Don't really want to see NY undefeated even though they have a very old, experienced team with J.Kidd, Sheed, Melo, and Chandler. Amar'e still injured as well

Eventually, the season record against the nets will be 2-2 as long their is no hiccups along the way.

All I care about is the Magic handing the Knicks their first loss of the season. Don't really want to see NY undefeated even though they have a very old, experienced team with J.Kidd, Sheed, Melo, and Chandler. Amar'e still injured as well

Eventually, the season record against the nets will be 2-2 as long their is no hiccups along the way.

Not gonna happen

Can't wait until McRoberts is traded man....think we can get a second rounder for him?

Your signature falls under the same rules as the rest of this forum, do not try to circumvent the swear filters. I edited it this time.

Not gonna happen

I know Knicks are going to go 5-0 after beating the Magic on Tues, but Magic needs to be less passive and little more aggression on the paint and on their defense. If they can beat them, which is unlikely, then more power to them if they want to make the changes.

Magic won had more assists, more points in the paint, points off TOs and fastbreak points and played great D after the first quarter. Basically all the hustle and effort categories. Great game imo. Worried about Harkless though, he looks lost.

Magic won had more assists, more points in the paint, points off TOs and fastbreak points and played great D after the first quarter. Basically all the hustle and effort categories. Great game imo. Worried about Harkless though, he looks lost.

i think he'll be fine....he's not 100% healthy just yet and he's only 19 and didn't have much time to gel with the guys yet give it time.....i'm more concerned with Nicholson to be honest.....He should be playing more and to me it's not even a question.....sure the kid may be a bit lost defensively but he can put up points in short order and what we need now is points.....can't believe that scrub Ayon is getting more minutes than Nicholson

i think he'll be fine....he's not 100% healthy just yet and he's only 19 and didn't have much time to gel with the guys yet give it time.....i'm more concerned with Nicholson to be honest.....He should be playing more and to me it's not even a question.....sure the kid may be a bit lost defensively but he can put up points in short order and what we need now is points.....can't believe that scrub Ayon is getting more minutes than Nicholson

Nicholson will get his chance, don't worry that a rookie who can't defend or rebound effectively only played 3 minutes against a team that heavily out rebounded us. Guys like Ayon and McBob are only here for this year (if that, as expiring's they may be traded before the deadline) and I expect Nicholson to improve in practice as the year progresses such that he earns more minutes.

Rooks will play when we're healthy and mgmt sees that this season is completely gone and guys start getting dealt.

You see what happens when we throw 5 inexperienced guys in the floor. We lose which is good but also excruciating to watch.

Nicholson will get his chance, don't worry that a rookie who can't defend or rebound effectively only played 3 minutes against a team that heavily out rebounded us. Guys like Ayon and McBob are only here for this year (if that, as expiring's they may be traded before the deadline) and I expect Nicholson to improve in practice as the year progresses such that he earns more minutes.

the way i see it we're scoring only 70 points a game in the last few and we're worrying about defense? we could play the best defense but if we don't score over 70 we'll probably still lose the game.....I believe last time Nicholson got decent minutes he scored 11 points in just 10 minutes......Ayon isn't defending anyone any better than Nicholson can and he couldn't score 11 in 2 games combined much less in 10 minutes.....it's one thing being an inexperienced rookie but it's another thing entirely when said rookie is a better player than a guy getting more minutes than him