Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost

Deadspin S*** List: Dwight

having howard had it pros and cons. He was always the talent we needed, but never the leader we desired. The only time he showed leadership was when him and nelson sat on the benches to watch the lakes after the finals, but he never grow from that moment. Things got worse as he grow to become more self centered.

Its like Hennigan traded the black plague for a cure. Unfortunately for the Lakers, trading for this mythical player that supposedly played for us is leading them down the opposite path of signing some 7"3' cactus.

Hows holding on to that plague working for the Lakers.........well....uh.........scroll up.

D'Antoni's name is coming up in replacement talks. I actually think that would be a better fit than Mike Brown. I'm not a huge D'Antoni fan, but he's familiar with Nash and utilized him pretty well in Phoenix. Dwight will pick up the slack on defense.

In my opinion, Mike Brown isn't nearly as bad as a lot of people like to make him out to be. Definitely not top caliber, but he's not that bad. The whole Lakers job was a lose-lose situation, imo. Getting a guy like Kobe to mesh with a creating PG like Nash, plus the best center in the league in Dwight, you couldn't expect immediate success. Like Miami when they started out slow, it's going to take time for those guys to build chemistry.

Great read, thanks for sharing that, but Dwight isn't one of ours any more, so I'm moving this to the "Around the NBA" section.

Apologies, that dawned on me right after posting it.

Man im sorry but this is my favorite line of the article describing Dwight Howard to the "D":

It's one thing to be full of ****; it's another thing to be criminally unfunny; and it's another thing altogether to be so desperate for attention that you trample teammates and children and small woodland creatures whenever a camera descends into view. When someone is all three of those things at once, that person is Dwight Howard, and that person will never be loved by anyone paying attention.

I'd never really thought about it fully before, but the bit about the other players in the league being liked purely on the fact that they just act like themselves, is so true.

Dwight has tried so unashamedly to craft a polished image for himself, that it's impossible to have any respect for him.

For example, I seriously dislike Kobe and KG, probably my two least favourite NBA personalities. But even in their most arrogant/b*stardly moments, they don't make me cringe like Dwight does when he is bafooning around looking for attention.

It's easy to trash Howard now he has left, but that article sums up how i've felt about the guy for some time now. Obviously he was our superstar so I didn't hate him, but I always smelt a a lot BS in the way he presented himself.