barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

Not for me. There's no panache with these guys. Without that, all I'm left with is a bunch of guys who can't run an offense or stop anyone on defense. I'm not a gluten for punishment, so it's no fun watching bad basketball for the sake of watching bad basketball.

I'm certainly glad they're are bad as they are, though.

Outside of T-Mac, what was fun about this mess? I guess if by "panache" you mean awfulness maybe.

21 Robert Archibald PF 6-11 250 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

3 Keith Bogans SF 6-5 215 R University of Kentucky

55 Andrew DeClercq C 6-10 230 University of Florida

13 Derrick Dial SG 6-4 184 Eastern Michigan University

22 Reece Gaines PG 6-6 205 University of Louisville

8 Pat Garrity PF 6-9 238 University of Notre Dame

7 Gordan Giricek SF 6-6

0 Drew Gooden PF 6-10 230 University of Kansas

4 Donnell Harvey PF 6-8 220 University of Michigan

34 Steven Hunter C 7-0 220 DePaul University

31 Britton Johnsen C 6-10 210 R University of Utah (didn't he dunk on or get dunked on by Lebron in a summer league game?)

10 Tyronn Lue PG 6-0 175 University of Nebraska

1 Tracy McGrady SG 6-8 210

4 Lee Nailon SF 6-9 238 Texas Christian University

27 Zaza Pachulia C 6-11 240 R

26 Desmond Penigar PF 6-7 245 R Utah State University

45 Sean Rooks C 6-10 250 University of Arizona

2 DeShawn Stevenson SF 6-5 210 3

31 Rod Strickland PG 6-3 175 DePaul University

11 Shammond Williams PG 6-0 200 UNC

but expecting inexperienced rookies to win games consistently is a bit too much

The only consistent thing I want from them is to keep losing games. In that respect, it's a job well done. The only thing I'm trying to say is I get no enjoyment from watching this team, something I can't say about the 03-04 group.

I'm most certainly not. That season is one of my favorites. I thought it was awesome watching that team play. Every game was like a game 7 for me, and when they did win, it was exhilarating. Like I said in the earlier post, there was a "lovable loser" effect taking place with them, something this team lacks from my perspective.

It wasn't exhilarating, it was a nightmare. Maybe you had nothing good going on in your life at the time? Idk but you are in the extreme minority if you got any enjoyment out of watching that team. From my perspective, that season was one of the two or three worst as a Magic fan.

T-Mac sandbagging it was the opposite of enjoyable to watch

Oh yeah, not to mention T-Mac quitting on the team with like 20 games left. Good times indeed...

Outside of T-Mac, what was fun about this mess? I guess if by "panache" you mean awfulness maybe.

21 Robert Archibald PF 6-11 250 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

3 Keith Bogans SF 6-5 215 R University of Kentucky

55 Andrew DeClercq C 6-10 230 University of Florida

13 Derrick Dial SG 6-4 184 Eastern Michigan University

22 Reece Gaines PG 6-6 205 University of Louisville

8 Pat Garrity PF 6-9 238 University of Notre Dame

7 Gordan Giricek SF 6-6

0 Drew Gooden PF 6-10 230 University of Kansas

4 Donnell Harvey PF 6-8 220 University of Michigan

34 Steven Hunter C 7-0 220 DePaul University

31 Britton Johnsen C 6-10 210 R University of Utah (didn't he dunk on or get dunked on by Lebron in a summer league game?)

10 Tyronn Lue PG 6-0 175 University of Nebraska

1 Tracy McGrady SG 6-8 210

4 Lee Nailon SF 6-9 238 Texas Christian University

27 Zaza Pachulia C 6-11 240 R

26 Desmond Penigar PF 6-7 245 R Utah State University

45 Sean Rooks C 6-10 250 University of Arizona

2 DeShawn Stevenson SF 6-5 210 3

31 Rod Strickland PG 6-3 175 DePaul University

11 Shammond Williams PG 6-0 200 UNC

I like that you think posting the roster (as if I don't know what the roster was) actually proves some kind of point. They finished 40 games below 500. I wonder if the players were any good or not?

Those guys collectively represented the "so bad it's awesome times Kate Upton breasts" type of season/roster that many diehards grew to love them in all their glorious ineptitude. These new guys are just bad and boring, and they don't bring the comedy like a Pat Garrity did. I just don't think you understand what it was to be a Magic fan at that time.

It wasn't exhilarating, it was a nightmare. Maybe you had nothing good going on in your life at the time? Idk but you are in the extreme minority if you got any enjoyment out of watching that team. From my perspective, that season was one of the two or three worst as a Magic fan.

Hehe. Aren't you just a little bundle of joy?

idk, T-Mac sandbagging > AA trying.

T-Mac lacing up his sneakers > AA's existence as a basketball player.

• Upvote 1

I like that you think posting the roster (as if I don't know what the roster was) actually proves some kind of point. They finished 40 games below 500. I wonder if the players were any good or not?

Those guys collectively represented the "so bad it's awesome times Kate Upton breasts" type of season/roster that many diehards grew to love them in all their glorious ineptitude. These ares are just bad and boring, and don't bring the comedy like a Pat Garrity did. I just don't think you understand what it was to be a Magic fan at that time.

Yeah, I think I do since I've been a fan since the teams inception, grew up in Orlando, and for years lived and died by each game. That season sucked, as did that team. I like that you think saying that team was great in some bad news bears kinda way somehow makes it so. I posted the roster so you could see how little hope we had compared to this years roster that has at least three or four young players with upside that will likely be part of our roster for years to come.