Sign in to follow this  
Penny Hardaway's Ghost

How many years until the Magic have another "superstar"?

44 members have voted

1. 1. How many years until the Magic have another "superstar"?

• 1-2 Years
    • 3-5 Years
    • 6-8 Years
    • 9+ Years

in all honesty, I see a lot of posters saying that they're pretty sure McBob will end up getting moved or whatever. I'd really like to give that kid minutes. I think he's got a great motor and has some skills too. I also enjoy his athleticism. Teams can benefit from having a Kurt Rambis type dude on the court. That's just me though.

but yea, aside from Bob, another susperstar.

I'm gonna go out on an optimistic limb here and say we're bad/lucky enough to get a top 2 pick in 2014 which lands us Wiggins/Parker. So 2 years.

I'm gonna go out on an optimistic limb here and say we're bad/lucky enough to get a top 2 pick in 2014 which lands us Wiggins/Parker. So 2 years.

I don't think either of those guys makes superstar status. I think we'd be more likely to land a superstar in FA in the next 3-4 years than relying on the 2013/2014/2015 drafts.

in all honesty, I see a lot of posters saying that they're pretty sure McBob will end up getting moved or whatever. I'd really like to give that kid minutes. I think he's got a great motor and has some skills too. I also enjoy his athleticism. Teams can benefit from having a Kurt Rambis type dude on the court. That's just me though.

but yea, aside from Bob, another susperstar.

I tweeted it hours ago but McBob almost got Mayo twice. One time I think didn't even include a pick. McBob was also dynamite one year on my fantasy squad. Always been a fan.

But with our log jam, I see him being dealt. Plus he's expiring.

emotionally speaking, it sucked. Last thing I wanted was for Howard to go where he wanted, and for the Lakers to steal yet another big man from Orlando. We obviously didn't get what he was worth so it sucks to see it pan out that way.

On the other hand, that was probably the best offer we were going to get, and I doubt anyone wants to deal with this crap for another half a season to maybe get worse offers, so it isn't terrible. I really do like that he's headed for rebuilding right away and didn't go after any high risk mediocre rewards player like Bynum or Lopez.

I'm still bitter about losing Stan though. Would've been really fun to watch him with all these young guys. I'm still catching up on the draft though, haven't really followed it much.

Im not sure we will ever have another superstar like Howard. What are the odds? Once we finish dead last in the coming 5 seasons we will be able to get some number one picks and if luck hits one of those guys will turn into a superstar. I mean i guess thats the bright side. We have 4 or 5 seasons ahead of us where we will be picking in the top 5 and next season will be neat cuz we will break the record for most games lost in a season. So theres that.