SHOWTIME

Who goes, who stays and who gets traded?

I like the following guys and hope they remain, the rest I find expendable:

Afflalo

BBD

Nelson

Nicholson

O'Quinn

Vucevic

JJ

Harkless

Liggins

and possibly Harper

• Upvote 1

No way Big Baby gets moved. Not only does he fit into the 'vision', money has already been spent on marketing him to the city (anyone who lives in or near Orlando has seen his face in adverts and other media (Subway for instance). He's also our only player with a ring. Also - he was born on new years day. That's gotta mean something.

Agreed big baby will not be going anywhere they have already invested a lot of time in him losing weight

I don't think Harper, Q, Harrington, Eyenga, Hedo or Vucevic are going to be in our long-term plans. In the short-term, It's really hard to say who, where and when. No idea where the team is headed in terms of the product on the floor or what the final vision will look like.

We clearly need a PG or two. It would be really nice to have a legit 5 man who can start and not give up 40pts in the paint. Would also be nice to not have 11 Forwards on the roster.

Players under contract right now:

1.Glen Davis

2.Jameer Nelson

3.Hedo Turkoglu

4.JJ Redick

5.Arron Afflalo

6.Al Harrington

7.Andrew Nicholson

8.Nikola Vucevic

9.Gustavo Ayon

10.Kyle O'Quinn

11.Moe Harkless

12.Christian Eyenga

13.Josh McRoberts

14.Justin Harper

15.Quentin Richardson

We're at the roster limit now, but a PG needs to be added so a trade or signing/cutting is coming. I honestly see McRoberts being bought out if he isn't traded soon, he has no real role on the team and isn't worth playing over any of the younger bigs we have.

Harrington is interesting, he has no role in our future, but he is a pretty good player. I do like the guy and wouldn't mind him playing here this season, but I get the feeling he won't play a game in a Magic uniform. I'd rather have him here than Hedo, but he has more value to other teams. Plus Harrington will likely keep one of our two rookies from getting minutes, if we play him at PF then Nicholson won't see the floor, and if he is at SF then Harkless probably won't get minutes. I see him traded maybe with McRoberts in a deal for a PG. Eyenga could be cut too, but I think the Magic at least give him a chance. Harper probably has more of a chance to be cut, Otis drafted him and he obviously won't fit in with all the depth at the four. But at this point, everyone except the rookies, Afflalo and Jameer can be moved.

I think someone like JJ will have some value to a potential contender looking for a shooter, I like him a lot but I have a feeling he'll either be traded now or leave in free agency next off-season.

I think someone like JJ will have some value to a potential contender looking for a shooter, I like him a lot but I have a feeling he'll either be traded now or leave in free agency next off-season.

As a Duke and Magic fan I love Redick as much as the next man. I'd love for him to stay but if he's not giving you

any indication that he's wanting to stay long term than he

has to be traded. Maybe a trade with him straight across for Tyreke Evans would be nice. They get themselves a very good shooter while we fill a huge need at PG. Maybe Henny can figure out a way to keep JJ and still get Evans. Maybe we can trade Harrington and Ayon for Evans and cash considerations. Ayon would give them more size while Harrington provides scoring punch off the bench.

As a Duke and Magic fan I love Redick as much as the next man. I'd love for him to stay but if he's not giving you

any indication that he's wanting to stay long term than he

has to be traded. Maybe a trade with him straight across for Tyreke Evans would be nice. They get themselves a very good shooter while we fill a huge need at PG. Maybe Henny can figure out a way to keep JJ and still get Evans. Maybe we can trade Harrington and Ayon for Evans and cash considerations. Ayon would give them more size while Harrington provides scoring punch off the bench.

Your dreaming

Your dreaming

I think you mean you're dreaming. We all do that sometime.

Tyreke Evans is a free agent after this season I believe and they're loaded at the PG spot so they could look at unloading him. Along with Evans they have Thomas,

Fredette, and they also brought in Aaron Brooks.

Al Harrington, Gustavo Ayon, and Quentin Richardson all get traded:

Starters:

C: Nikola Vucevic

PF: Glen Davis

SF: Hedo Turkoglu

SG: Arron Affalo

PG: Jameer Nelson

Bench:

SG: J.J. Redick

SF: Maurice Harkless

PF: Andrew Nicholson

P/C: Josh McRoberts

SF: Justin Harper

P/C: Kyle O'Quinn

S/F: Christian Eyenga

SG: Deandre Liggins ????

PG: ???

SG: ???

Trade Ayon? Great idea! We need to continue the post-Gortat tradition of only having one center! (Orton doesn't count)

Expiring contract not worth the Magic's salary cap space to re-up. Trade this beast.

Ish Smith: http://www.nba.com/magic/news/denton-ish-returns-magic-have-backup-pg_081512?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Unlike what would've occurred under the Otis Regime, these moves need to come down to cutting future salary cap hits and maximizing trade value.

Actively shop: Turk, JJ, Al Harrington, Q-Rich

For the right price: McRoberts, Afflalo, BBD

Keep: Eyenga, Harper, Vucevic, Ish Smith, Ayon, Harkless, Nicholson, Liggins, Jameer (only because we just re-signed him)