Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

E'Twaun Moore has agreed to a two-year deal with the Orlando Magic.

2nd backup guard and young... Funny his career high in points(16) was against Orlando... Lol

I'm really happy about this. I was campaigning for Moore in the draft chat last year.

He's not going to be a stud or anything but is one of those guys who does a lot of good things (defense, shooting, energy) that you want when you're building a team. He's a guy who would be the 10th or 11th man in a rotation on a great team but could change a playoff series with smart plays and timely shots.

I'm really happy about this. I was campaigning for Moore in the draft chat last year.

He's not going to be a stud or anything but is one of those guys who does a lot of good things (defense, shooting, energy) that you want when you're building a team. He's a guy who would be the 10th or 11th man in a rotation on a great team but could change a playoff series with smart plays and timely shots.

I remember you, and a couple others calling for Moore during our pick. Celts played him at PG in summer league, do you think he has the tools to develop in that position here?

From Josh Robbins article:

“There’s an opportunity there in Orlando, and I think he wanted to seize the opportunity,” said Mark Bartelstein, who is Moore's agent. “Both [Magic GM] Rob Hennigan and [Magic assistant GM] Matt Lloyd did a great job of recruiting him, making their pitch and explaining why it’ll be a great fit.”

I remember you, and a couple others calling for Moore during our pick. Celts played him at PG in summer league, do you think he has the tools to develop in that position here?

not really.

It'd be like making JJ a point guard. While he could probably defend point guards better than JJ and they both have the intelligence to know how to play the position and make smart passes, it just doesn't make sense except for an emergency option. It's just not a strength for him. Kinda similar to when we played Anderson at Center.

This is us just fixing a mistake (liggins over moore)

i can still see us signing liggins. eyenga and mcbob will likely be cut. harrington will be traded for a virtually nothing(maybe a 2nd rder from the knicks) qrich the same

From Josh Robbins article:

I don't think his skill set suits the PG position. He's more of a combo guard in the mold of Shannon Brown. Solid pickup though.