Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

Seemed like to me when Ish was in he tried far too hard because he knew his minutes were limited. Maybe we get a more relax Ish this time around knowing we have people to help him develop properly.

I'm sorry am I the only one who thinks that Ish is horrible? I mean I don't think he should be getting minutes in the league but maybe that's just me. I would rather get Jimmer(who at this point Sacramento would probably give away) and have him get burn on this team and that's saying a lot because I think he sucks too.

• Upvote 2

Dear Emory,

Why are you so mean to me? It hurts my feelings when you berate me in front of my peers. I just want to fit in with all the other silliness that goes on in this place, but you make it so difficult some times. I wish we could be friends. I look up to you and Jareth and aspire to be just like you guys. Can we try to overcome our difficulties, put the past behind us, and start over fresh?

Your friend,

Beast from the East

Seriously now, let's get back on "topic" and focus on Magic off-season moves, for the love of all that his holy.

Dang it you beat me to it..... Errrr

1. Just because we are re building doesnt mean we cant pick up our star play sooner than later...

2. If you think more about it, Chris Paul is going to have a harder time getting into the finals in the west compared to the east...

3. If we play our cards right we could sign another big FA in the offseason along with his contract and lots of youth behind him for the long term.

4. He's a class act. Fits our style and shows Orlando is ready to grow again

Yeah he is a class act but why in his right mind would he come here with our present situation? He strikes me as a guy who wants to be in a large market anyway but why would he leave a good team to go to a bad one? Not to mention the deal you mentioned earlier is robbery and that conversation would last about 3 seconds.

• Upvote 1

1. Just because we are re building doesnt mean we cant pick up our star play sooner than later...

2. If you think more about it, Chris Paul is going to have a harder time getting into the finals in the west compared to the east...

3. If we play our cards right we could sign another big FA in the offseason along with his contract and lots of youth behind him for the long term.

I agree with all those points, but I don't think he'd come over prior to us signing a big name (and one he'd want to play with). I also think Dwight leaving the same way shaq did might have damaged our reputation.

I'm sorry am I the only one who thinks that Ish is horrible? I mean I don't think he should be getting minutes in the league but maybe that's just me. I would rather get Jimmer(who at this point Sacramento would probably give away) and have him get burn on this team and that's saying a lot because I think he sucks too.

I think he showed flashes of potential with the limited PT he got.

If you pick up an impact guy before you've had your chance to get a couple of great draft picks and coach them up, you've just shot your rebuilding process in the foot.

wnjUf.jpg

Newest member of the Orlando Magic

Afflalo: "When Melo was traded (in Denver), it gave me opportunity to grow"”

Afflalo says he found he was traded by reading the Internet.”

Afflalo: "When opportunity presents itself, I am ready and I am happy to develop my game here in Orlando"”

Afflalo: "Idea is too stay healthy and make most of opportunity"

Afflalo: "I plan to set a tone for what it takes to approach the game. I can help develop the right culture."

Afflalo: "It's an honor. We have smart people here with a lot of capability"

Afflalo: "The idea is to get better. Anything is possible."

Afflalo: "It's refreshing. The opportunity is something a lot of people don't get."

Afflalo didn't follow the Dwight story until he saw his name.

• Upvote 1

Warning: This is basketball related.. If you don't want to read basketball related material please move on...

I had a wild thought.. Who thinks Chris Paul is dead set on LA? Think there is any chance LA gets the indication he wants to move on and possibly trade him by deadline? Would our 17 mil TE come into play for a scenario like this? Maybe Hedo and or Al's contract and this TE for Chris Paul and build around him?

Forget it....Dwight said he wants to play with Chris Paul. David Stern wants Paul in LA. When Paul is moved he will be going to the Lakers without question. Dont tell me they dont have cap space or assets Ive heard that all off season and they did have cap space and assets...some how. They always have cap space and assets and all it usually takes for them is an empty jar of Jiffy peanut butter and an unwashed week old jock strap to put the deal over the top. While they are at it Im sure they will sneak Westbrook and Durant out of OKC for one of Dwight's spent condoms. Dont call me bitter.

Yeah he is a class act but why in his right mind would he come here with our present situation? He strikes me as a guy who wants to be in a large market anyway but why would he leave a good team to go to a bad one? Not to mention the deal you mentioned earlier is robbery and that conversation would last about 3 seconds.

I think the biggest piece of my argument is he is invisible in LA playing in the shadow of the Lakers. With OKC being young and still solid for 3-4 years he would be able to get more fame in the "small market" Orlando Vs LA currently. I promise you his jerseys would fly off the shelf n Orlando where LA its Dwight, Kobe, Nash... And a few Griffen.

Not saying the deal I said would be "The Deal" but that 17 mil TE would be a big factor and we have picks, buy out contracts and youth to use as trade...

I'm saying that it's Chris's decessions as he is a FA summer 2013... If Clips went to him and said you in or out he would have that opportunity to say so

Forget it....Dwight said he wants to play with Chris Paul. David Stern wants Paul in LA. When Paul is moved he will be going to the Lakers without question. Dont tell me they dont have cap space or assets. They always do and all it usually takes for them is an empty jar of Jiffy peanut butter and an unwashed week old jock strap to put the deal over the top. While they are at it Im sure they will sneak Westbrook and Durant out of OKC for one of Dwight's spent condoms. Dont call me bitter.

When did Dwight start using condoms? Last I checked he has 32 kids with 31 different mothers...

I think he showed flashes of potential with the limited PT he got.

The guy we should be going after from the Clippers is Eric Bledsoe, I think he is ready to start now and was lights out in the playoffs. I don't think he is great at the 2 and obviously the guy in front of him is much better. I'm still upset we didn't get Lowery because I think he would have been great for this team. I still can't figure out why we resigned Nelson. I understand the leadership but if this was the plan(which I love) then why bring him back? Especially at that price which he is not worth IMO. Well, at least it is only guaranteed this year maybe we can trade him to a contender who has an injury at the starting PG.