Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Yeah I remember that night. My thing is though a guy like iguodala has 1 year left on his contract. Why not risk it and if he and Iguodala leave we still have cap space in the summer of 2013?

easier said than done.

and, iguodala has 2 years left. last one is eto which he would probably not give up @ 15.4m

Yeah I remember that night. My thing is though a guy like iguodala has 1 year left on his contract. Why not risk it and if he and Iguodala leave we still have cap space in the summer of 2013?

Probably because a guy like Iguodala isn't available or the price is too high.

Patience is not a virtue dwight has. You can't expect Rob to come up with a master plan 6 weeks into the job. Dwight's asking for the impossible so then he can say "see they didn't do anything" when clearly he's twisting Rob's arm. This is all a show to me.

Seems to me YaBoyR is posting false info. He says Rob didn't bring up a plan for him to listen to, but every other report says that Dwight wouldn't listen to any plans that Rob has for the team because he has no intentions of staying in Orlando no matter what moves we would make.

I just don't understand Rob waiting up until now to reach out to establish a trusting relationship. Must mean the trade offers are complete crap, and he realized that this is going to take a lot longer than we all thought (as if we aren't already at that point).

Rob didn't bring up a plan for the Magic future for him to even listen to. The main focus of this meeting was about trusting that Rob can come up with something in the future and Rob wanting to get to know him

In all honesty, I doubt Howard is bright enough to understand an adult conversation. So, it wouldn't surprise me if what they actually talked about is completely different than Howard's perception of it.

I just don't understand Rob waiting up until now to reach out to establish a trusting relationship. Must mean the trade offers are complete crap, and he realized that this is going to take a lot longer than we all thought (as if we aren't already at that point).

He should have scheduled a meeting before draft night and right before the July Mormatorium.

easier said than done.

and, iguodala has 2 years left. last one is eto which he would probably not give up @ 15.4m

Just using Iguodala for an example. They are plenty players out there playing with 1 year left on their contracts or opt-out clauses. Why not risk bringing those guys in and if it doesn't work out you lose them in a summer or two

In all honesty, I doubt Howard is bright enough to understand an adult conversation. So, it wouldn't surprise me if what they actually talked about is completely different than Howard's perception of it.

yeah you never know, but he was breaking down the interview for me

I see what you're saying. But realistically, how long has Rob been on the job?

I think the problem is that ownership waited far too long to fire Otis. I wanted him fired him right about the time that they gave him an extension and a promotion. If they had fired him at that time, it goes without saying that we would have some relatively valuable assets right now.

Just using Iguodala for an example. They are plenty players out there playing with 1 year left on their contracts or opt-out clauses. Why not risk bringing those guys in and if it doesn't work out you lose them in a summer or two

With what exactly are we supposed to acquire said players with? This isn't NBA2k12...