Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

i literally think that we are simply waitng for dmo and that's it. probably a week or two ago when "trades were heating up and all that" we probably said we can talk but we want dmo and you gotta deal with the lin/asik thing, so we'll chat when that gets closer. reporters go crazy putting guesses out there as news. in the mean time we still talk/listen with anyone. reporters catch wind of any little talk, let 'er rip on twitter and it starts all over again.

in the meantime we're really just waiting for dmo to become available and asik to be confirmed before we can really talk. just a guess, but this really makes the most sense.

no reason to really keep talking to agree on something now in case someone changes mind/it leaks before dmo is available, or the asik/lin deal ending up unexpectedly and affecting something etc. houston probably comes back during the wait to try to see if they can swing a deal right now without dmo, but it's not really going anywhere. etc etc. this whole delay thing just SCREAMS motiejunas is involved. i really don't think it's intentional posturing or delaying for the sake of delaying. i think it's waiting for dmo and still just listening to any realistic offer (like la/cavs 3way) which also gives the side benefit of seeming like we have more options.

imagine dealing with this the last year+...you guys have only really been sweating it for the past month.

Clutch told a few members in Vegas during the summer league that D-Mo will not be traded.

Jameer doesn't choke in the playoffs.

Who cares, Anderson has higher upside and is younger.

Nelson has probably peaked and will probably regress.

If you wanted to keep a veteran locker room presence, Henny shoulda just kept Hedo who's contract becomes partially guaranteed in 2013-2014 or Baby Davis.

Why not?

If he's worried about his knees, he better extend rather than enter free agency.

The years and overall money. Extending will pay slightly more per year but players want that 5th year.

If you wanted to keep a veteran locker room presence, Henny shoulda just kept Hedo who's contract becomes partially guaranteed in 2013-2014 or Baby Davis.

what

Hedo is grossly out of shape and has the worst motor in the league

what

Hedo is grossly out of shape and has the worst motor in the league

Then keep JJ Redick than rather than overpay a vet who's contract will be toxic especially during a rebuilding effort.

It was about leadership and fiscal flexibility. Moreover, Ryan proved to be quite average without Dwight.

Clutch told a few members in Vegas during the summer league that D-Mo will not be traded.

yeah, i saw that. i don't know who clutch is but i bet when it comes down to it and rob says, dmo lamborparsons kmart and picks for dwight jrich and we're done, i bet it will happen.

if dmo's untouchable then that's probably why nothing has happened now, and if it doesn't change when he's available then maybe nothing will happen. i see it as more like do you like howard alone or do you like bynum and dmo.

your owner seems to have a chub for getting a "star" and you guys are hosting the all star game with no stars. no body but a bunch of homers will line up for dmo jerseys, but if we trade all your new band wagon fans won't be able to pull money out fast enough for their lin/howard t shirts and jerseys. i think houston's owner and maybe morey are dying to be relevant again. dmo's a nice rebuilding piece and basketball nerds would maybe veto a deal involving him, but i just get the feeling rockets ownership wont.

Then keep JJ Redick than rather than overpay a vet who's contract will be toxic especially during a rebuilding effort.

I think Henny's targeting SGs in Martin and Lamb, that's why. And Nelson's deal is not that toxic.

What do you think the chances are that offers get better the longer you wait? Seems like bad business.

i don't think the offers are good at all. LA is only offering bynum and HOU is probably offering their throwaways(morris/patterson