Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Houston's only avenue of acquiring Dwight is through a deal with Orlando.

Orlando may not be any more likely to keep Dwight than Houson's chance to acquire him without a trade from Orlando is, but Orlando keeping Dwight doesn't involve any leverage on Houston's part.

I don't see how the Rockets think they hold any cards. They've also already blown up their team without getting this deal done assuming they would.

From a bargaining standpoint, Houston probably stands to lose more from taking on contracts while needing to build around Dwight immediately than Orlando benefits from shedding contracts going into an irrevant while rebuilding phase. Orlando can't really attract quality free agents in the next few years when Dwight is gone while Houston depends on their ability to use cap space immediately.

Houston's assets are mostly tied in rookie contracts and draft picks which don't command salary cap space so much and Orlando's primary focus is finding young, prospective franchise players.

I see the most likely compromise between the two teams is Orlando will get a full array of Houston's 2013/2015 1st round picks, plus the Raptors pick as well as pickings of their current rookie contract players, and Houston will take on less dumped contracts packaged with Dwight than Orlando had wanted to shed.

this is what i mean. ban these weiner touchn fairy boys! he doesnt understand in order to get a top player in the league u cant just give us ur trash! Fair trade would be 2 picks, 2 players named(jones,LAMB,white,PARSONS)and kamrt as well as take 2 bad contracts at this point tho id be happy with just geting rid of jrich instead of him and another player. cuz tbh, the more of our trash they take back the fewer goodies we get.

Unfortunately Houston may be one GM too late to pull another rape in Otown.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Houston's only avenue of acquiring Dwight is through a deal with Orlando.

Orlando may not be any more likely to keep Dwight than Houson's chance to acquire him without a trade from Orlando is, but Orlando keeping Dwight doesn't involve any leverage on Houston's part.

I don't see how the Rockets think they hold any cards. They've also already blown up their team without getting this deal done assuming they would.

From a bargaining standpoint, Houston probably stands to lose more from taking on contracts while needing to build around Dwight immediately than Orlando benefits from shedding contracts going into an irrevant while rebuilding phase. Orlando can't really attract quality free agents in the next few years when Dwight is gone while Houston depends on their ability to use cap space immediately.

Houston's assets are mostly tied in rookie contracts and draft picks which don't command salary cap space so much and Orlando's primary focus is finding young, prospective franchise players.

I see the most likely compromise between the two teams is Orlando will get a full array of Houston's 2013/2015 1st round picks, plus the Raptors pick as well as pickings of their current rookie contract players, and Houston will take on less dumped contracts packaged with Dwight than Orlando had wanted to shed.

I would only take Houstons UNPROTECTED picks. It would be great to either see Dwight walk or his career cut short (not wishing it on him just speaking of great trades) and have us own houstons firsts for years.

I would only take Houstons UNPROTECTED picks. It would be great to either see Dwight walk or his career cut short (not wishing it on him just speaking of great trades) and have us own houstons firsts for years.

Same. We would have a good chance at number one with that pick and are pick(assuming we tank)

They're all beaten by BK fans.

I first thought you were wrong here but LA KNOWS the NBA oversees this circus so they can get greats for garbage so as arrogant as it is they can and in fact do get players for nothing all the time. Brooklyn...they are 2 years away from being back in the lottery for 5 more years....again.

A couple late firsts and the cap space created by losing Dwight....is it too much to ask for....you think we were asking for cap space and the number one overall pick....wait did someone say Greg Oden? Man the more this Dwight drama unfolds the better my old proposal looks...and no Im not Henny....close...real close though.

You know come to think of it I would take Oden for Dwight right now....it is a lot lot lot less headaches and I could photo shop my face over his naked texts and really impress the ladies. Heck his contract is even up if Im not mistaken.

• Downvote 1

Link:(click the link for the rest of the article)

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8182883/agent-dwight-howard-sign-extension-team-explore-free-agency

The agent for Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard refuted reports that his client has decided he will sign an extension with the Los Angeles Lakers -- if traded to them.

"Dwight's position has remained unchanged since the end of this past season," said Dan HWNSNBU of LaGardere Unlimited. "He fully intends to explore free agency at the end of next season, regardless of what team trades for him, including Brooklyn."