Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Whatever it takes to up the overall quality of the best possible offer.

To me, it just seems like Hennigan isn't looking for players in return. It seems like the winning bidder will have to find a way to spell the Magic of not only J Rich, Duhon, and maybe BBD. But also, I think the pawn Rob won't settle less for is someone taking on Hedo. I think I'd rather take this approach of rididng most, if not ALL bad contracts from the Magic, aswell as good high end draft picks over just some contracts & decent picks and some potential prospects. Not really interested in getting players back(other than salary fillers).

I just think Henny wants to nuke this entire roster, and build this all from scratch....EVERYTHING

Tony Mejia ‏@TonyMejiaNBA

For those asking, Jeremy Lin signing w/ #Rockets doesn't end their pursuit of Dwight Howard. #Houston remains his most likely destination.

In fact, count on #Rockets trying to spin the global appeal of #Linsanity as a tool for Dwight Howard to rebuild his image.

Despite talks of #Lakers being Howard's destination, the chances of that has been and continues to be unlikely. Andrew Bynum wants to stay.

The Cavs could offer Dion Waiters who they took at #4 in the draft. The guy reminds me a little bit like Dwayne Wade coming out of college but just as easily could be a total bust.

Pairing Bynum with Kyrie Irving would be a nice way to rebound from losing Lebron and they could even use a veteran SG like J-Rich who doesn't need the ball in his hands.

The Cavs could offer Dion Waiters who they took at #4 in the draft. The guy reminds me a little bit like Dwayne Wade coming out of college but just as easily could be a total bust.

Pairing Bynum with Kyrie Irving would be a nice way to rebound from losing Lebron and they could even use a veteran SG like J-Rich who doesn't need the ball in his hands.

Cavs aren't moving Waiters.

In fact, count on #Rockets trying to spin the global appeal of #Linsanity as a tool for Dwight Howard to rebuild his image.

This is a great point. Didn't we read/hear about Rockets players getting marketing deals/opportunities in China simply because they were Yao's teammates and thus were getting exposure in China during Rockets telecasts?

Howard already is popular in China, but imagine the marketing opportunities there when combined with Lin. However, I still don't see that being enough to get him to resign there long-term. After all, being teamed with Lin is only a monetary gain, it won't pay the same dividends in the W/L columns.

"@AQS18: My source is telling me Bulls have already notified @dmorey that they will NOT match." Your source is wrong or non-existent.

LOL

This is a great point. Didn't we read/hear about Rockets players getting marketing deals/opportunities in China simply because they were Yao's teammates and thus were getting exposure in China during Rockets telecasts?

Howard already is popular in China, but imagine the marketing opportunities there when combined with Lin. However, I still don't see that being enough to get him to resign there long-term. After all, being teamed with Lin is only a monetary gain, it won't pay the same dividends in the W/L columns.

If Dwight cared about winning he would have expanded his list to Bulls and would be willing to re-sign with Lakers rather than be bounced out of the playoffs in the 2nd round routinely with the Nets.

GeryWoelfel profile

GeryWoelfel Chatter continues Andrew Bynum will wind up being dealt to Cavs in multi-team, multi-player trade.