Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Bynum has put it out there that he could see himself in Houston. While Dwight's people have SPECIFICALLY said they won't extend in HOU.

Why will no one extend in Orlando? Seriously: what is it about that place that chases off star athletes?

Why will no one extend in Orlando? Seriously: what is it about that place that chases off star athletes?

OKAY, I WILL RE-PHRASE TO AVOID CONFUSION AS TO THE INTENDED MESSAGE. INSTEAD OF USING THE WORD "EXTEND" WHEN DESCRIBING THE NECESSARY COMMITMENT FROM BYNUM OR HOWARD AS PART OF THESE PROPOSED TRADES, I WILL CHANGE THE WORD TO "COMMIT" AND, IN THAT CONTEXT, THE WORD "COMMIT" IS INTENDED TO CONVEY THE NECESSITY OF THAT PLAYER'S AGREEMENT TO SIGN SOME SORT OF NEW CONTRACT WITH THE TEAM TO WHICH HE WOULD BE TRADED THAT WILL CAUSE THE PLAYER TO REMAIN WITH THAT NEW TEAM FOR A PERIOD OF LONGER THAN ONE YEAR.

• Upvote 1

the worst thing about Duhon the person, not the player, is that he drives a yellow on yellow on yellow Lambo...I just...I hate him.

Seriously? What a piece of *something*

OKAY, I WILL RE-PHRASE TO AVOID CONFUSION AS TO THE INTENDED MESSAGE. INSTEAD OF USING THE WORD "EXTEND" WHEN DESCRIBING THE NECESSARY COMMITMENT FROM BYNUM OR HOWARD AS PART OF THESE PROPOSED TRADES, I WILL CHANGE THE WORD TO "COMMIT" AND, IN THAT CONTEXT, THE WORD "COMMIT" IS INTENDED TO CONVEY THE NECESSITY OF THAT PLAYER'S AGREEMENT TO SIGN SOME SORT OF NEW CONTRACT WITH THE TEAM TO WHICH HE WOULD BE TRADED THAT WILL CAUSE THE PLAYER TO REMAIN WITH THAT NEW TEAM FOR A PERIOD OF LONGER THAN ONE YEAR.

Orlando won't take that chance with D12.

Edit: And Cleveland learned a nice little lesson from Boozer re: commitment

the worst thing about Duhon the person, not the player, is that he drives a yellow on yellow on yellow Lambo...I just...I hate him.

No, he really is an ass in person. Me and my friends have seen him more frequently then any other magic player, and he was an absolute ASS to my buddy just because my buddy is short. He walks around the club in suits that don't make him look cool, they make him look like he works there. Lame ass dude. Von was cool though, Hedo is chill, and Q rich is cool as ***** actually.

No, he really is an ass in person. Me and my friends have seen him more frequently then any other magic player, and he was an absolute ASS to my buddy just because my buddy is short. He walks around the club in suits that don't make him look cool, they make him look like he works there. Lame ass dude. Von was cool though, Hedo is chill, and Q rich is cool as ***** actually.

my buddies and I played pool with him one night...or tried to but he was hammer faced and ended up laying on the table for a bit.

my buddies and I played pool with him one night...or tried to be he was hammer faced and ended up laying on the table for a bit.

Yah the jokes about his drinking definitely had an origin....dude's a joke...

That seems pretty obvious possibility - what would be interesting is if

The Lakers ship Bynum and Gasol to Houston

Lakers get - Howard, 1 rookie from Houston, and say Hedo and whatever else is necessary to make the numbers work

Orlando gets - Parsons, Lamb, and maybe another rookie 2 first round draft picks and unloads - 2 of the 4 - Duhon, QRich, JRich, BBaby - prefer to keep BBaby out of this group

There is no way in any NBA Universe not inhabited by Billy King, Otis Smith, or Isiah Thomas that this deal goes down as stated above.

I meant "extend" in more of the classical sense, as in "Why do star players not continue to play for the Magic after their initial 'star contract' has run out?"

Also: the caps-lock key is juuuussssst to the left of the "A" key. If you push it again, it will actually turn off that annoying feature and you can type like a non-ten year-old.