Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Again, I think for that deal to occur, Bynum would have to commit to extend with Houston. Otherwise, Bynum is a 1-year crap shoot for Houston just like Dwight and if I were Houston, I'd rather gamble on Dwight rather than Bynum.

Bynum has put it out there that he could see himself in Houston. While Dwight's people have SPECIFICALLY said they won't extend in HOU.

GUYS PLAYERS WILL NOT SIGN EXTENSIONS BECAUSE IT DOES NOT MAKE FINANCIAL SENSE. THE MOST YOU CAN EXTEND FOR IS 3 YEARS. IF YOU OPT OUT YOU GET 5 YEARS. PLUS BYNUM IS NOT GOING TO TURN DOWN A GUARANTEED TAX FREE 5TH YEAR FROM EITHER ORLANDO OR HOUSTON. IF I HAVE TO READ THAT AGAIN I MIGHT EXPLODE. KKTTYL

OKAY, I WILL RE-PHRASE TO AVOID CONFUSION AS TO THE INTENDED MESSAGE. INSTEAD OF USING THE WORD "EXTEND" WHEN DESCRIBING THE NECESSARY COMMITMENT FROM BYNUM OR HOWARD AS PART OF THESE PROPOSED TRADES, I WILL CHANGE THE WORD TO "COMMIT" AND, IN THAT CONTEXT, THE WORD "COMMIT" IS INTENDED TO CONVEY THE NECESSITY OF THAT PLAYER'S AGREEMENT TO SIGN SOME SORT OF NEW CONTRACT WITH THE TEAM TO WHICH HE WOULD BE TRADED THAT WILL CAUSE THE PLAYER TO REMAIN WITH THAT NEW TEAM FOR A PERIOD OF LONGER THAN ONE YEAR.

Do u mind elaborating sir?

This is completely off topic but I don't mind this guy being our new mascot.

4628368254_26d9ec8df5_n.jpg

how is a 5th year 'tax free' ? pretty sure he's paying taxes on $15 mil

also with someone like bynum, it might be better to go ahead and lock up a $45 million dollar extension rather than risk blowing a knee again and entering free agency injured. i would consider it at least

With Lin going to Houston, they now have 8.3 mil less cap room and shuts the door on an unlikely S&T for Dragic to Phoenix to gain more assets. This can mean that Houston now has to sweeten the asset pot instead of taking back more garbage.

With Lin going to Houston, they now have 8.3 mil less cap room and shuts the door on an unlikely S&T for Dragic to Phoenix to gain more assets. This can mean that Houston now has to sweeten the asset pot instead of taking back more garbage.

Is this completely confirmed?

If so it makes getting both Lamb and Parsons more realistic. All Rockets fans will care about is this:

Lin

-

-

-

Howard