Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

if u read that link in my last post it says kris hump and dh12 have same agent and HWNSNBU is tell hump 2 take a one year deal wtf

Yeah, I saw that. I just do not see Humphries doing that, Dwight doesn't pay his bills.

This whole thing just sounds way way WAY too unbelievable. A fourth team so Cleveland can get another 1st round pick instead of us? You know, the team actually giving away far and away the best player in the deal?? That would we take a maxed out, bad foot Brook Lopez after not signing the far more healthy and far more cheap Ryan Anderson? That we would want Brook Lopez instead of Marshon Brooks? That after not wanting to rush into anything, now sources say that we want to cut ties with him soon?

For the longest time we'd still have Hedo and Duhon, but J-Rich and Q-Rich are the ones leaving?

The whole damn thing just doesn't add up. In poker terms, I'm calling because this smells like a bluff and looks like a bluff. What I'm betting (and sure as hell hoping) is that this is simply a Nets trade proposal that leaked out because it got to the point where the Nets are asking the Cavs and Clippers for help. But I wouldn't be surprised if Hennigan got this over the fax machine, took one look at it, and took a whiz on it.

I mean sure it sounds fantastic for Brooklyn, but this is ridiculous. I'd accept it if Dwight was a free agent and there was the threat of him just walking off to Brooklyn. But he's not! This is a trade! He won't be for another 12 months, at least!

Can't believe I'm saying this.. but I just hope that J.A. Adande was right and this is all spin, spin, and more spin. I don't mind rebuilding, but Brook Lopez is NOT the way to do that. And this is coming from someone who was a big believer in Lopez early on.. before he forgot how to grab a rebound, at least. If Lopez was worth what he apparently thinks he is (Max money?? HA!), New Jersey would of gotten more than 20 wins the last few seasons.

This is all also too close off the heels off of losing Anderson. If you lose two of your top players I expect a hell of a lot more than this, that's for sure.. draft picks, expirings, something that can at least be worth something down the road.

Just... :svgsad: I'm trying to reserve judgment and yadda yadda, but it's getting more difficult to do that by the day. Seems like Bynum or wait-it-out are our best two options if this is as good as it is going to get. Don't care if Bynum walks either, at least we wouldn't be wasting our cap space for four years on Brook Lopez! Who cares how toxic the locker room gets if all we're trying to do is lose anyway? We'd get better sign-and-trade deals next summer or by this next year's trade deadline, more than likely. Or at least after December 15th.

No one has control over this, but news/rumors with some sanity along with it soon would be pretty appreciated. :huh:

I think we all need to relax and let Hennigan do his job. They guy walked into a mess and he's trying his best to fix it. He's only been in the job less than a month and he's already getting bashed. I can guarantee he wants to go into the season without us being the laughing stiock of the league once again. At least if he gets rid if Dwight than everyone can actually focus on basketball going into training.

If Henningan makes the trade, is he worse than Otis?

No absolutely no. Hennys hands are tied if no one wants coach killer Dwight. If he has to clean the mess this may be what he is forced to do. He didn't make the mess he is only cleaning it. Management and ownership deserve the blame as being the worst in the nba and they also deserve an empty new arena. I will not buy one more piece of popcorn from this team and will watch what games I do from my home and laugh. The ownership doesn't deserve one penny of my money after this final debacle. I'm still holding out hope this is a smokescreen because it can't be this bad for us....no way....this is awful awful.

WHY DON'T WE JUST LET DWIGHT WALK

that won't solve our cap issue...

best things we need to do are...

1) get rid of players with bad contracts

2) get talents back (either young players or 1st rounders)

3) tank

Henni is doing 1) and partially 2).... 3) will get there if we make the trades...

but plz dont take another bad player back... it will kill the franchise...

if we let dwight howard walk...

only 3) will happen...

Chris Mannix:

Kris Humphries agent, Dan HWNSNBU, tells SI that talk of a one-year deal for Humphries is "ridiculous."

HWNSNBU: "I have not had any conversations about a one-year deal."

I think we all need to relax and let Hennigan do his job. They guy walked into a mess and he's trying his best to fix it. He's only been in the job less than a month and he's already getting bashed. I can guarantee he wants to go into the season without us being the laughing stiock of the league once again. At least if he gets rid if Dwight than everyone can actually focus on basketball going into training.

So the media drama can make Orlando do a crappy deal? I find that hard to believe- hey Magic enjoy mediocrity just so you don't have to be the laughing stock.....

Forgot to mention you just became the new Bobcats so your still a laughing stock

So the media drama can make Orlando do a crappy deal? I find that hard to believe- hey Magic enjoy mediocrity just so you don't have to be the laughing stock.....

Forgot to mention you just became the new Bobcats so your still a laughing stock

getting Lopez will be like having Tyrus Thomas on the team, damn right we are the bobcat ver.2

3) tank

Henni is doing 1) and partially 2).... 3) will get there if we make the trades...

only 3) will happen...

Wut?

who's Henni?

3) tank

only 3) will happen...

On the plus side, at least it wouldn't be adding players with bad contracts ... like Brook freaking Lopez with a max deal.