Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

They may "work" for Dwight, but their interests do not necessarily converge with Dwight's best interest. Dwight may still have wanted to play elsewhere all of this time, and he definitely has to take responsibility for much of what has gone down. But I do not think he is dumb. I think my assessment that he is both misguided and mis-advised is valid.

I simply don't agree. This doesn't happen with other superstars. They either listen to their advisors/agent advice and move on or they say "yeah i appreciate the advice but im making the executive decision to stay"

I guarantee you lebron wasn't talked into leaving the cavs by his agent and his agent wouldn't have been able to talk him into staying.

I hope the magic honestly aren't trying to convince dwight to stay, the damage is done and his word means nothing anymore

I agree with this. He's talented, but he's a head case.

And to those that think he is smart, I disagree. I don't think its a lack of education either, I think he is mentally weak. Someone who is mentally tough, or smart, won't lead the league in technical fouls.

Edit: And "ill advised" seems to be the word you all are looking for.

I guarantee you lebron wasn't talked into leaving the cavs by his agent and his agent wouldn't have been able to talk him into staying.

exactly, or convincing him to go to Knicks instead of Miami, going to Miami was purely his decision...

I simply don't agree. This doesn't happen with other superstars. They either listen to their advisors/agent advice and move on or they say "yeah i appreciate the advice but im making the executive decision to stay"

So? That makes Dwight more 'naive' then, but not dumb.

I'm with you on Lawson.

I hope the magic honestly aren't trying to convince dwight to stay, the damage is done and his word means nothing anymore

I just want a pass 1st pg that is fast as s*** and scores and plays d(lawson)

if 27 year old can be so badly mis-guided and mis-advised then he is obviously dumb...

but remember how he plays...stupid offensive fouls, stupid technicals, stupid goal tendings, stupid hook shots from the free throw line when he is getting pushed by the likes of Collins and Perkins...stupid interviews when he is saying "you know" 100 times...and that interview about loyalty??? why he was talking about it if he knew he is was going to leave in summer??? thats why Wade was laughing about it...he wanted to team up with Deron since 2008...but never recruited him to play in Orlando...he is blaming everyone else but he knew he won't stay in Orlando...

I agree with the last part. Of course he knew he wouldn't stay in Orlando. I don't believe he's stupid either. He's just trying not to look like the bad guy and trying to please everyone but all he's done is pissed everyone off.

im hoping that we get the Houston trade done. i like the pieces and promising players they have.

yes, we may suck next year, but at least we have a bright future ahead with all these salary cap flexibility.

so who will be our "star player" next year, jameer?

Its called his brain trust. he hired them to make money, marketing and those kind of decisions for him! so mis-advised is the best adjective.

They weren't the ones who told him to opt in last spring. If he wanted to play for Brooklyn, he's the one to blame for not being there.

im hoping that we get the Houston trade done. i like the pieces and promising players they have.

yes, we may suck next year, but at least we have a bright future ahead with all these salary cap flexibility.

so who will be our "star player" next year, jameer?

Since we can rule out Brooks Lopez does it really matter?

I agree with the last part. Of course he knew he wouldn't stay in Orlando. I don't believe he's stupid either. He's just trying not to look like the bad guy and trying to please everyone but all he's done is pissed everyone off.

if he thought he wont look liek the bad guy by saying he is loyal to orlando and its fans, then after that continually demand to be traded to the 1 team he wants, then that is DUMB imo. How would that not make him look like the bad guy?

id D12 was actually loyal and really wanted to stay, he would have said so by now, his agent isn tholding him at gunpoint telling him what to do and say.

• Upvote 2