Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

But not the Mavs :svgsad:

If not the Mavs, it'd be some other team with cap room next year. He needs a team to use as leverage to scare the Rockets away from closing the door on BK/LA forever. I don't think he'll walk.

• Upvote 1

If not the Mavs, it'd be some other team with cap room next year. He needs a team to use as leverage to scare the Rockets away from closing the door on BK/LA forever. I don't think he'll walk.

walk to a 35 year old dirk making 20mil+? Nah thats just HWNSNBU blowing smoke. They also have marion on the books

Me neither. Plus I think the Rockets can/will package Omer and whatever for Iggy or something.

S&T during the last CBA. Dwight will surely not be sign and traded.

i didn't say he would get s&t'd. its funny that houston guys care about how to get dwight, while i was more referring to analyzing the cavs rebuilding when "getting nothing" for their star

Might as well have fantasy drafts too since all the stars in this era of basketball like to team up and don't really seem to understand what "competitiveness" is. Money talks though, I guess.

This is what I have been saying. Why have teams? Why have franchises?

Just let all the players go out to the park, and then LeBron can say "I pick Dwyane Wade!", and Dwight can say "I pick Deron Williams!" and Carmelo Anthony can say "I pick Amare Stoudamire!"... and then instead of franchises, they can all just go shirts vs. skins on the playgound, and instead of getting paychecks, they'll just get sponsorships which is all they want anyways.

And I kinda really wanna make the drive from Nashville to Orlando again to be a part of it.

i didn't say he would get s&t'd. its funny that houston guys care about how to get dwight, while i was more referring to analyzing the cavs rebuilding when "getting nothing" for their star

Lol too true. From the Magic's stand point, it would be a very bad idea not to trade him. I don't think he walks from whatever team he ends up on, but I think there's just too much bad blood and burnt bridges for him to re-up in Orlando. Crazier things have happened though.

Lol too true. From the Magic's stand point, it would be a very bad idea not to trade him. I don't think he walks from whatever team he ends up on, but I think there's just too much bad blood and burnt bridges for him to re-up in Orlando. Crazier things have happened though.

If Dwight is still here after the trade deadline I have a hard time believing he would walk away from a max deal with Orlando, especially when his options would be Dallas, Houston and Atlanta.

yeah, i don't disagree with you. the original post by nevitt was an interesting reminder to how hard it is to rebuild in my mind, while I think to him and you it was more like "what's realistic to 'give up' for a superstar". while this is all new to houston fans for actually "being in the running" it was all this crazy at the trade deadline, really even more crazy, and the in/out/in/out/in was probably interesting to watch from the outside, but i think most people here won't be surprised by anything at this point. and there are some hardcore dwight homers here and even they are fed up. I honestly was jealous of the cavs all last season. young, a lot of promise, things to look forward to. the last year has been miserable and the idea of having dwight gone to just be on with it even for nothing is fine by me really.

although i hope we can work out a reasonable trade with houston's pieces, i guarantee you that everyone on this board will be rooting for the absolute failure of whatever team dwight ends up on, lol. :tongue: