Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Dwight should know better. He experienced, first hand, what its like for the team superstar not to want to play alongside you. If T-Mac had been patient (and stayed healthy), he could have formed something special with D12. And, from what I've heard, T-Mac regrets leaving.

Yeah he's not being patient at all about this. They'd be able to add guys next summer but he wants help for this season

For tha last 2 hours yeah. And yes if they make roster moves, they haven't changed anything since the last meeting, so he's frustrated

With the reports out there now, roster moves were not going to be enough to satisfy him if Hennigan had walked in there with a handful of them ready to present to him. According to what we read tonight, he has no desire to set foot in Orlando again, he still cannot understand why the Magic disrespected him by not trading him to either the Nets or the Lakers for late draft picks and a bunch of contracts it doesn't want, he went on a tirade at Hennigan for not doing so, and he didn't bother listening to anything Hennigan had to say about the Magic's future because he will not be a part of it.

That's pretty definitive. This might shock Dwight, but the Magic are likely pretty frustrated with him, too. He has spent the previous year, for which he always was under contract, making life very difficult for the Magic and the fans that he has claimed to love so much. I'm sure he doesn't care about that. But he will end up winning this battle no matter what happens so it seems a little out of place that he is reportedly so furious.

YBR, do you ever feel that Dwight might be saying he feels one way to you, and then say something completely different to other people?

No because most of what was reported today about his feelings I had known for weeks now. I even told y'all last week Rob was flying out to meet him

Yeah he's not being patient at all about this. They'd be able to add guys next summer but he wants help for this season

In my opinion, it has nothing to do with that. I think Howard had his mind made up around the time when Lebron made his decision to go to Miami. I remember him being on twitter that night, appalled that Cleveland fans were burning Lebron's jersey, after he had "given Cleveland all he had". A few of us (RevTy and myself) went back and forth with him, he was talking about how "its just not the same in Orlando as other cities" (referencing the fans and how involved they are in cities like Boston). He even went so far as to say that "Orlando doesn't love me". In my mind, he was already trying to come up with an exit strategy.

I think we could bring in talent to help him, and he would still want out.

With the reports out there now, roster moves were not going to be enough to satisfy him if Hennigan had walked in there with a handful of them ready to present to him. According to what we read tonight, he has no desire to set foot in Orlando again, he still cannot understand why the Magic disrespected him by not trading him to either the Nets or the Lakers for late draft picks and a bunch of contracts it doesn't want, he went on a tirade at Hennigan for not doing so, and he didn't bother listening to anything Hennigan had to say about the Magic's future because he will not be a part of it.

That's pretty definitive. This might shock Dwight, but the Magic are likely pretty frustrated with him, too. He has spent the previous year, for which he always was under contract, making life very difficult for the Magic and the fans that he has claimed to love so much. I'm sure he doesn't care about that. But he will end up winning this battle no matter what happens so it seems a little out of place that he is reportedly so furious.

Rob didn't bring up a plan for the Magic future for him to even listen to. The main focus of this meeting was about trusting that Rob can come up with something in the future and Rob wanting to get to know him

Of course he isn't being patient. He had no intentions of staying in Orlando no matter who we would add. He doesn't want help in Orlando, he wants out. I'm not sure why you even post on this board, you seem to be more of a Dwight fan than a Magic fan and you seem completely oblivious to Dwight's intentions.

Sorry for what you Magic fans are going through BTW.

I would like to apologize in behalf of Dwight.

As a Rockets fan, I want the Magic to crush the Celtics and Heat in the near future.

In my opinion, it has nothing to do with that. I think Howard had his mind made up around the time when Lebron made his decision to go to Miami. I remember him being on twitter that night, appalled that Cleveland fans were burning Lebron's jersey, after he had "given Cleveland all he had". A few of us (RevTy and myself) went back and forth with him, he was talking about how "its just not the same in Orlando as other cities" (referencing the fans and how involved they are in cities like Boston). He even went so far as to say that "Orlando doesn't love me". In my mind, he was already trying to come up with an exit strategy.

I think we could bring in talent to help him, and he would still want out.

Yeah I remember that night. My thing is though a guy like iguodala has 1 year left on his contract. Why not risk it and if he and Iguodala leave we still have cap space in the summer of 2013?

Of course he isn't being patient. He had no intentions of staying in Orlando no matter who we would add. He doesn't want help in Orlando, he wants out. I'm not sure why you even post on this board, you seem to be more of a Dwight fan than a Magic fan and you seem completely oblivious to Dwight's intentions.

Magic fan way before Dwight, just lettin ya know how he sees it

Rob didn't bring up a plan for the Magic future for him to even listen to. The main focus of this meeting was about trusting that Rob can come up with something in the future and Rob wanting to get to know him

Patience is not a virtue dwight has. You can't expect Rob to come up with a master plan 6 weeks into the job. Dwight's asking for the impossible so then he can say "see they didn't do anything" when clearly he's twisting Rob's arm. This is all a show to me.