Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

ZOMGZ PLEASE JUST TRADE DUHWHITE, SO I CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT. I CAN NOT TAKE IT ANYMORE.

DO IT FOR THE FANS ROB, JUST TRADE HIM DONT DO WHATS BEST FOR THE FRANCHISE AND TRY TO KEEP THE BEST CENTER IN THE WORLD, TRADE HIM SO I DONT HAVE TO LIVE MY LIFE IN MISERY OMGS, OH NOES, MY TIRE IS ALL FLAT AND JUNK. I CANT STAND ALL THESE TWITTER *****ERS PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS GOSH BRO

• Downvote 1

I guess we will know if Ebanks and the Rockets rookies sign.

This is what I'm keeping my eye on too. As long as these players are unsigned, something is going down.

ZOMGZ PLEASE JUST TRADE DUHWHITE, SO I CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT. I CAN NOT TAKE IT ANYMORE.

DO IT FOR THE FANS ROB, JUST TRADE HIM DONT DO WHATS BEST FOR THE FRANCHISE AND TRY TO KEEP THE BEST CENTER IN THE WORLD, TRADE HIM SO I DONT HAVE TO LIVE MY LIFE IN MISERY OMGS, OH NOES, MY TIRE IS ALL FLAT AND JUNK. I CANT STAND ALL THESE TWITTER *****ERS PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS GOSH BRO

LOL This is so true

If the Magic start the season with Howard, his preferred destination of Brooklyn once again becomes a possible landing spot. The Nets recently signed center Brook Lopez, who would presumably be the centerpiece of a Brooklyn-Orlando trade for Howard. Lopez is not eligible to be traded until January 15, a full month before the trade deadline.

So if Howard doesn't sign a contract extension with Orlando before the deadline -- and if the Lakers or Rockets haven't been able to acquire him by then -- the Nets would perhaps emerge as the front-runner once again.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81934 ... howard-now

So, Larry Ridley (WESH news director, since everyone always asks) talks to someone in Dwight's family over the weekend and is told that Dwight expects to start the season with the Magic.

Then Broussard writes this. ESPN told him they needed some news that wasn't Penn State-related.

Sounds to me like a new tactic from Dwight's camp (discourage suitors in hopes he still ends up in Brookyn).

All the "insider" trolls the past couple days are good at reading the rumors that have been going on since before the trade deadline and throwing them up together in large posts as "inside information." There is nothing in any of those posts that you couldn't have found on the web sometime in the past few months. I call bull on all of them. But they are entertaining.

Kind of ironic that everyone just keeps saying, "Just get a deal done already. We just want it over." So, in a way, the length of time it has taken has made it easier for Magic fans to accept? Magic will love that. They figure no one will be mad at them when it's done.

He is to me. I guarantee 75% of this board had no idea who he was before the draft. But if you're a fan of him, hey, that's great. I'm just not going to act like he's a great reporter after a few accurate Dwight tweets

Tony Mejia has been covering the Magic and the NBA for Pro Basketball News (lives in Orlando, though) for AT LEAST a decade. Guy is on the radio every week on 1080 in Orlando. Not a homer.