Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

whats the word on asik? has he signed the offer sheet yet? if so when did he?

They Rockets had to wait 48 hours after waving a couple of those players they got fr the Bucks. Which would end this afternoon and they'll be eligible to sign Asik. Then there'd be another 3 days after that. Depends on the Bulls if they would use 3 full days to decide which i doubt.

• Upvote 1

They Rockets had to wait 48 hours after waving a couple of those players they got fr the Bucks. Which would end this afternoon and they'll be eligible to sign Asik. Then there'd be another 3 days after that. Depends on the Bulls if they would use 3 full days to decide which i doubt.

thank you sir!

That was a great piece. A good peek inside the mind of a team that sits in that nether region between the magnetism of the coastal big markets and the wastelands of the small-markets.

Looks like the plan is to tap back into the China market. Linter is coming, after all.

Hey everyone, its been a while but after I lost my password, I sort of gave up on the posting, but still checked it.

I haven't checked this in a couple months, but I was just wondering if anyone has any clue what Houston would offer for D12?

I saw something about a Celtic trade last night and I heard rumors that CLee was apart of it, but I didn't know if that was true. I was hoping that CLee and Patterson and maybe some rookies and draft picks would suffice the management.

thank you sir!

Just saw an article saying that Leuer was waived by Houston, dated wednesday 8pm. Should clear waivers tonight at 8 or even maybe a few hours before that considering the article could been a couple of hours late. Anyway, Asik would be eligible to sign that offer sheet any time tonight.

Pretty sure this is what both Henny and Morey are waiting for.

Just saw an article saying that Leuer was waived by Houston, dated wednesday 8pm. Should clear waivers tonight at 8 or even maybe a few hours before that considering the article could been a couple of hours late. Anyway, Asik would be eligible to sign that offer sheet any time tonight.

Pretty sure this is what both Henny and Morey are waiting for.

I think the Lee trade might give us enough room to sign Asik as well, so whichever comes first. The contracts we got back are smaller than Lee's cap hold, so we might not need them to clear waivers first. I could be wrong though.

Hey everyone, its been a while but after I lost my password, I sort of gave up on the posting, but still checked it.

I haven't checked this in a couple months, but I was just wondering if anyone has any clue what Houston would offer for D12?

I saw something about a Celtic trade last night and I heard rumors that CLee was apart of it, but I didn't know if that was true. I was hoping that CLee and Patterson and maybe some rookies and draft picks would suffice the management.

The Boston Celtics on Friday acquired free-agent shooting guard Courtney Lee in a sign-and-trade deal with the Houston Rockets that also included the Portland Trail Blazers, according to a league source.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8184923/boston-celtics-acquire-courtney-lee-sign-trade-deal-according-source

I think the Lee trade might give us enough room to sign Asik as well, so whichever comes first. The contracts we got back are smaller than Lee's cap hold, so we might not need them to clear waivers first. I could be wrong though.

I'm pretty sure it was so we would have roster spots available. If we renounce the rights to Dragic, even after we sign Asik(if/when) we will have 8.8 million in cap room left.

I'm pretty sure it was so we would have roster spots available. If we renounce the rights to Dragic, even after we sign Asik(if/when) we will have 8.8 million in cap room left.

You're pretty sure what was what? I'm saying we might not have to wait until Leur's contract clears waivers if the Lee deal goes final first. Switching Lee's cap hold with the new players frees up space to sign Asik. Doesn't really matter though, because one way or another Asik will sign today.

Another good read from Tony Mejia of PBN:

The Magic have the luxury of time being on their side . The Houston Rockets have long been the team capable of putting together the best package for a Howard rental. When every outlet that has him a lock for the Lakers now had him landing in Brooklyn, you read a different source-fed take here.

Rockets GM Daryl Morey has been busy dropping “poison pills” on team like banana peels in Mario Kart, so his team has obviously been tied up. After landing Jeremy Lin, Chicago’s Omer Asik is the next target, with a decision likely in Monday. In the midst of the delay, the Magic have gotten a peek at what all four rookie assets Morey accumulated are capable of. Jeremy Lamb, Royce White, Terrence Jones and 2011 pick Donatas Motiejunas all flourished in different ways. Orlando was watching, developing favorites.

A speculative report from the same local television station that claims Butch Carter will be the Magic’s next coach despite never being named a finalist believes Howard is “scared” of ending up to Houston. Maybe that’s accurate, but it doesn’t matter whether he’s huddled under bed sheets or wearing a Cowboy hat and headphones, listening to Mike Jones, Paul Wall and Lil’ Keke.

Orlando will send him to the team willing to rent him without assurances that puts the best deal together. That’s never changed. That’s been reported accurately here for weeks, so blame yourselves for riding the roller-coaster.

http://www.probasketballnews.com/news/mejia-howard-playing-waiting-game-he-volunteered-for/

• Upvote 3