Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Who here wishes you could go back to a time before the Internet or even fandom where you just watched the games and cheered for your team?

I do. I'm in too deep.

Internet? How many here remember the days before cable? Only the big 3 channels and PBS...damn I feel old.

Quick question. If dwight gets traded to LA and they make the finals and play against Miami who are you rooting for/against? I hope Miami but i really don't want to see dwight win a championship his first year out of Orlando..

Gotta go with Miami. I can't stand LA and my LeBron hate has turned to meh.

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't you rather just root for him to suck total ass and lose all his mojo ala Space Jam?

It would be good if he wasn't effective with the back bringing his game down a notch but good enough to play - would be good to have gortat own hi

• Upvote 1

Internet? How many here remember the days before cable? Only the big 3 channels and PBS...damn I feel old.

Yeah, but then we got cable, with the wired cable box and sliding channel selector.

Good times!

Who here wishes you could go back to a time before the Internet or even fandom where you just watched the games and cheered for your team?

I do. I'm in too deep.

Oh, I long for the days of radio, when you would imagine how the plays went, an didn't know what the players looked like. The big turmoil was Pistol Pete making unnecessary (but successful) behind the back half court passes to 6' 2" Power Forwards. That really sounded good. Life was easy because you knew Boston would win.

I don't watch it

I'm routing for both Dwight and Lebrun to get career ending injuries - I want dwight to get a career ending injury before he signs his 5 year $117 million contract just because he turned on the magic and magic fans

I can't say i hope that happens even though he's probably set for life with just the money he made as a rookie..

Yeah, but then we got cable, with the wired cable box and sliding channel selector.

Good times!

LOL. Sadly I do remember that. And when ESPN first started they showed 24 hours of Australian rules football and ping pong...

I'm 61 years old. Black and white TV as a child. No PBS. Professional sports teams had the same players for years. If you bought a jersey, it could last a lifetime. In the 60's and into the 70's most people couldn't name more than a dozen NBA players. We went from one extreme to the other. It's better now. Believe me.

I'm 61 years old. Black and white TV as a child. No PBS. Professional sports teams had the same players for years. If you bought a jersey, it could last a lifetime. In the 60's and into the 70's most people couldn't name more than a dozen NBA players. We went from one extreme to the other. It's better now. Believe me.

Youngster When I was a kid, you didn't need a black and white TV for the NBA. Just a White TV.

I'm pushing 50.. Wide World of Sports FTW! he he

We didn't have a color TV till I was a teenager. I was the antenna adjuster and beer fetcher for my Dad. We had like 5 channels.